3 | the ride home

Thoughts were running through my head as they always were, but this time it was different.
Usually, I didn't feel guilty for thinking them. If I thought that someone was ugly or being annoying then I wouldn't feel bad about it, for I was thinking it to myself and myself only. But this time, it's like my thoughts overwhelmed my actions. I couldn't stop thinking about Harry.

It was my fourth day of school, and so far, Harry's class seemed to be my favorite. I finally realized it was because I liked him. But I didn't enjoy liking him. It was weird. It was like liking your best friends brother or something.

But I couldn't do anything about it.

I was initially going to tell KJ about it, but that would mean I was admitting it out loud. And I couldn't even admit it to myself.

I walked out of 8th period art, said goodbye to Mrs. Doherty, and headed out. I wait in the lobby for a while, expecting KJ to come up behind me any minute, yapping about how her teacher gave her too much homework or something. I sit at the bench for about 20 minutes and no KJ. I start to worry when I get a text from her. speak of the devil.

Bae-J 🤪🦋💞
heyy sorry I didn't pick you up, we got out 8th period because our teacher didn't show and after 10 minutes we just bailed. I'm at Starbucks with a couple friends. Maybe you can ask someone for a ride?

me:
yeah, okay. see you later.

Bae-J 🤪🦋💞
sorry! I'll make it up to you. promise.

me:
it's ok.

Bae-J 🤪🦋💞
you can come if you want ya know

me
no, i'm ok. i'll see if anyone's still around to take me home.

Bae-J 🤪🦋💞
ok. ☹️

If I'm being honest, this is like her to bail. She'll go out with some other friend group I don't hang out with and spend time with them and leave me behind. I love her to death, but, everyone has their flaws, right?

I get up and wander around to see if anyone's still at the school. I walk past Mr. Styles room and whadya know. His light's on and he's at his desk, packing up his things.

I debate whether to go in because I didn't know if it was weird to ask a teacher for a ride or not. I decide it's not after a while and work up the courage to go in.

I knock on the door before walking in and say, "Knock-knock." I let out a weak laugh.

"Hey, Olivia, what are you still doing here?" he inquires.

"Well, I was supposed to get a ride home from KJ, but she bailed, so I was wondering if you could, maybe, i dunno-"

"Give you a ride? No problem. Don't even hesitate to ask next time." He says, walking up to me.

"Oh, well, thank you, if you don't mind of course." I reply.

"Anytime." he nods.

We walk out the lobby and out to the empty parking lot with one car left, Mr. Style's white kia. He opens the door for me and I hop in the front seat, setting my back pack on the floor. He comes in soon after, pulling down his white button-up that had come up a bit, starting the engine.

As we get moving he tries to make conversation.

"So, you like senior year so far?" he asks.

"Yeah, it's alright. I gotta say, science is rough this year. I love English though."

He makes kissy noises subtly, as to say I'm a kiss up, and I say, "Oh, hush. I actually do enjoy English. It's always been my favorite subject. Glad you didn't screw it up so far."

"So far?! Have you so little faith in me?" he shouts.

We both laugh and then the car grows silent for a moment. He break the tension once again with saying, "Why do you like English so much? Kids I've taught usually dread it."

"Well, I've always loved writing. And it kinda just peaks my interest. All the different words and how to tell a story with them. And I'm definitely one for telling stories."

"I love to write as well. I sing a bit too, so I mostly song-write. You know, I'd love to read something of yours sometime."

"No, no no, they're sooo bad. I said I liked writing, I never said I was good." I shyed away from the idea.

"I'd like to hear one of yours though." I say, nodding my head his way.

"Maybe I will let you someday. But I bet you're a phenomenal writer. And sucks for you, cause whether you let me read it or not, I'll find out in class this year." He smiles at his comment and I roll my eyes.

"Just take a turn here. Last house on the left." I direct him.

"Here you are."
"Thanks again, Mr. Styles." I remind him.

"Call me Harry." he says with a smile and drives away, as I wave to him.

Crap. That doesn't help my situation.

-

lol does anyone have any advice for wattpad? When I type sometimes it turns into this weird big typewriter font that I don't want. Does this happen to anyone else or is my phone possessed? If the first one applies, please comment and

h e l p m e i m g o i n g i n s a n e a b t i t

hope you enjoyed it!!

daily reminder: this is a family show

orrr is itttt

(it is!!)

stay fresh peace and blessings

-