039 NEW YORK 2

"Twenty minutes," Dylan repeated after the lady who spoke into the intercom. I nodded my head. My mind, at the moment, was still on cloud nine, nothing mattered but that kiss. It was like everything was a constant reminder and I couldn't stop myself from thinking about it. I wondered how Dylan was. He'd been quiet since and now there were only twenty minutes left before we would go our separate ways; which to be quite honest did not scare me. 

I somehow knew deep down that we were definitely going to hang out again, it may not be just us two alone but with the entire group too. 

I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder, after a few seconds he shifted and laid his head on mine. We stayed like that for a while. I liked this. 

I wasn't sure exactly how expected Dylan to react after what had happened I'm very much confused on how he feels. Right after the kiss, he'd gotten a call, from then on it was go time. We had to leave and discussing it with our uber driver at the front felt too... personal.

Now it was finally quiet and we sat together with people walking by minding their own business and we still weren't talking about it. 

"Bailey?" I heard Dylan whisper. 

"Yes?" 

"Did you regret it?" He asked with such uncertainty in his voice that my heart fluttered. He didn't need to specify because I knew what he was already talking about.  

I lifted up my head causing him to sit up straighter, "do you?" I asked looking into his eyes for any confirmation.

He looked slightly nervous, Dylan took in a breath as if he was too shy to reply. Finally, he did, "no, of course not." He replied softly. I let out a relieved breath, my insides relaxing but my mind on the other went wild.

He gazed at me through his lashes with expectancy and I realized he was waiting for me.

Did I regret it? No, I didn't feel any sort of doubt or embarrassment, in fact, I felt quite the opposite about the situation. 

"No, I don't regret it," I said sincerely. His face relaxed and a small smile fell upon his lips. 

"Good," he laid his head on my shoulder and I rested my head on his. A small smile lingered on my lips and I so badly wanted to jump up in happiness.

The time ticked by and the silence around us felt so warm and welcoming. I'd never felt so comfortable with anyone, especially without talking. It felt normal to lay my head on his and just relax. Things with us were amazing it was hard to describe any emotions that I felt.

Before we knew it our flights were being called and it was time for us to separate. I stood up reluctantly. Dylan and I looked at each other with a disappointed face.

"You gotta promise me one thing, Bailey," Dylan said and the light in his eyes brightened and I felt how serious he was.

"What is it?"

"When you get back, you better tell everyone how great of a tour guide I am." He said with a smug look. I smacked his shoulder and laughed.

"Alright, I guess this is it," I sighed dramatically, Dylan scoffed.

"No it's not," he grabbed my hand, "we still have so much planning to do for our entire group to hang out again." 

I nodded in agreement, "of course, don't want to disappoint them."

"No, we don't" He replied.

The lady at the intercom announced our flights once again and informing us of the short amount of time we had left to board. 

"Damn I hate planes," I whined. 

Dylan rummaged through his bag, "I almost forgot but here, to help you when your ears get blocked." he handed me a packet of strawberry-flavored gum. He remembered I hated the mint flavor. 

"Thank you." 

It was at that awkward part of goodbyes where you have to go but you don't want to and you don't know how to announce that you were going to go. 

Our flights were called out with one last warning.

"I guess we have to go now," Dylan stated gently, I bobbed my head.

At first, I thought he was going to kiss me again when leaned in, but I felt the warmth of his lips on my forehead and somehow it felt better. It was such an innocent yet affectionate act. Dylan wrapped his arms around my waist and I laid my head on his chest. 

"Thank you for this trip and for making it amazing," I said.

"You're welcome, I don't know anybody else I'd rather do this with than you."

My heart fluttered. He was too cute.