Chapter:9

First thing I did was go to my boss. "May I talk to one of your men?" I asked. "Which one?" He asked. "Chains." I told him. "The one that ran around with Speed?" He asked. "I don't know. I was told I could talk to Chains." I said. "I'll call him to come up here. Wait in the lounge." He said.

I did just that. A few minutes later a man came in and closed the door. "How do you know Speed?" He asked. "I met him one day after visiting my cousin." I told him. "Haven't seen him since he was put away." He said. "He's getting out in two weeks, I need a set of his clothes." I said.

"Did he tell you to ask me?" He asked. "Yes. Without knowing where his brother is, you were the next best person to ask for clothing." I said. "Don't tell him the next time you see him, his brother was taken by a rival MC right before his next visit to see him. I wanted to go and tell him that his brother can't come visit him. I was hoping someone would come along and start visiting him without question.

"I never thought it would be a beautiful woman like yourself." He said. "He told me that if he couldn't go back to the MC, he was going to go nomadic." I said. "They'll use him. Put him back behind bars. I don't want that to happen to him again. He was like a close brother. I would have gone to prison in his place." He said.

"I'm almost done with high school." I said. "Said he would take you with him." He said. "Do you believe him?" I asked. "I'd have to talk to him personally." He said. "Better do it before he gets out." I said. "I will. I'll go tomorrow. I'll get you the clothes and give them to you." He said. I nodded.

"I'll be here or at the boutique." I said. "I'll try to get them without anyone wondering why I'm getting them." He said. I nodded. "I'll see you around then." I said. "Same to you." He said. We went our separate ways. I went home to both of my parents yelling at me. I had to get away somehow.

After packing a bag I went out my window and to my truck. I got in and went to where I knew I could get away. I pulled up to his house. If I needed anything just come by. I need a night out of the house. I got out as the porch light turned on. He stepped onto the front porch.

"Need something?" He asked. "A place to spend the night." I answered. "I've got a spare bedroom." He said letting me in. He led the way down the hall. I read and looked at every single tattoo on his back as he led the way to the room. He turned a light on.

"It's at the back of the house safe from anything. No one should suspect anything. If any of the guys from the MC give you any trouble tomorrow or Monday, I'll deal with them. Stay as long as you like." He said before going to another room.

I'm not sleeping with him at all. We're just friends. I'm seeing him more as an older brother. One Andrew used to be until he turned eighteen. I curled up under the covers and fell asleep. In the middle of the night, I got a call from the prison. I accepted the charges.

"Sweetheart?" Briant. "What's wrong?" I asked. "They're letting me out tonight." He said. "Are you injured?" I asked. "I'm going to need you to get here quickly. With some clothes for me." He said. I got up and grabbed my keys and phone. I went to my truck seeing a bag under the driver's side.

I picked it up and put it in the cab as I got in. I found a note in a pocket. "Speed's clothes. Don't mess up." -Chains. I backed out and went to the prison. As I pulled up, I grabbed the bag.