Chapter 2

I slowly started to wake up, dizzy, confused, disoriented. I had no clue as to where I was or what had gone on. That is, until I moved a bit and had to let out a small whimper at the sharp pain spreading from my backside. That was when I also felt the arm slung over me and the chest against my back and it all came rushing back into my mind, making me wish I hadn't bothered with that whole, stupid waking up thing. Sleeping had been nice and it'd chased away all the thoughts and doubts and insecurities I hadn't wanted.

But however much I wanted to go back to sleep I also knew I wouldn't be able to and so I slowly opened my eyes to meet Brendon's chocolate gaze as he looked lovingly down at me.

"Morning, baby," he replied with a smile.

I forced a smile back over my chapped lips. "Morning, Bren," I returned, closing my eyes again slightly as he leaned down to peck my lips.

"Wanna get up, sleepy head?" he asked gently.

I started to sit up but fell back into the mattress again. "Holy fuck," I groaned out, reaching a hand down to feel if my mind was deceiving me or if my ass indeed was one big open wound.

It was definitely my mind, I concluded a moment later. There was no exterior wound, but I could easily feel dried blood and cum.

I gazed up to see Brendon looking down at me again, biting his full lower lip. "Sorry Ry, guess I didn't stretch you out as much as I should have."

I scowled at the less than smooth apology, but his expression and the light guilt in his eyes reassured me that he wasn't just being an ass. Brendon wasn't always good with words. He was goofy, funny, sincere and always had good points, but he was never smooth no matter how much he looked that way. There was still a reason I was the lyricist. "No shit," I found myself muttering back. Not exactly smooth either, but I'd like to think I had a legitimate excuse.

"I'm sorry, okay!" He sighed slightly. "Alright, just stay there for a minute," he briefly moved his hand over my face to save my eyes from the long bangs before getting out of bed and putting on a pair of boxers.

I rolled my eyes to the sound of the water starting to run somewhere. 'Just stay here for a minute'. Yeah, great, I wasn't sure if I could even walk and he asks me to stay put. Goddamn genius! Thought I'd actually go somwhere! Yes, in case you hadn't noticed I was in sort of a fowl mood that morning, but seriously! He could've at least done me the favor of stretching me enough, right? Yeah, I thought so too. Especially when he knows I'm a whiner and that I don't handle pain well. I got too much physical pain while growing up to be especially tolerable of it as a semi-adult.

"Get on your stomach," Brendon commanded behind me as he re-entered the room.

I followed his bidding and rolled onto my stomach, resting my face against my thin upper arms as he cleaned me up with a damp washing cloth.

"Want me to take care of your stomach as well?" he asked.

I raised myself onto my elbows and gazed down myself, realising I also had dried cum down my stomach and somehow a bit on my chest as well. Why the hell does sex have to be so damn messy? I decided to be lazy and allow him the contact so I rolled back onto my side and gave him a nod.

A few seconds later he was done there as well and left again with the washing cloth only to return a few moments later, handing me a glass of water and two tylenol.

I downed both, looking at him to realise that he'd gotten himself washed off as well. He was definitely in control of the situation for the moment, but it seemed only fitting that he should be the one to help me hold myself together after I'd sacrifised so much to be his glue. "Thanks," I muttered, deciding it was about time to be nice again.