Cousin and Soap and Oily Hair Measures Part 14

"Well then, tomorrow we will study addition and characters besides the numbers. Memorize what I taught today. Be sure not to forget it, okay?"

I finished teaching the children and headed towards my lessons for the day.

History and embroidery, manners and dance, poetry and music. After my memories had returned the lessons became interesting, and my understanding of the country's origin and its religion progressed.

In my embroidery classes, somehow I've gotten to the point where my work is passable. In dance, poetry, and music, however, no matter how hard I try I'm not improving.

(If I can reach an average level where I'm not ashamed, that would be good.)

Why am I aiming for only this level? It's a question of talent.

After lessons, I thought about my acne-ridden face.

Although I've decreased by 5 kilos (TLN: 11 lbs), my pimply skin remains in an incredibly unsightly state. My hair also remains damaged with split ends aplenty.

(I may not be able to get engaged just by getting thinner. Britney, you have too many faults...)

In my previous life, I had heard that lemon water was good for clearing up acne.

lemon juice.jpg

Lemon water. If using as a rinse, use once or a twice a week. The acidity in the juice will flatten the outer layer of your hair, eliminating frizz. It also removes excess oil, helps restore your scalp's pH balance, and cleans your scalp of dead skin. No idea if any of this is true... Source

Since I can't expect to find skin lotion for acne and similar products in this world, I decided to drink lemon water every day.

Lemons are a little expensive, but it seems I can buy them from the neighboring territory. The cooks purchased some that were available in town and stored them in the kitchen.

From there, I tried to make something like a rinse with the same materials. It is a simple thing where I added lemon juice to hot water. If I like, adding herbs might be nice as well.

Until now, Britney's hair had to be forcibly brushed into place and held there with oil.

In this world people wash their hair very infrequently, and even when it was washed only water was used. In other words, Britney's hair gleamed from the considerable amount of oil.

(I want to make shampoo...)

I headed towards the dinner table while I thought about my past life's preferences.

In the dining room, there was a pleasant smell from Ryuze sitting next to me.

My cousin always smells good, but this time rather than perfume he has a natural soap scent. Apparently, he used the handmade soap I gave him.