Chapter 138 - A New Crisis

Nora and Lucas walked out of the room, leaving Ricardo and me alone.

"Britney, I really want to spend some time alone with you! But I can't do. It's not good to stay in an engaged girl's room for a long time. But..."

Seeming entangled in something, Ricardo wrapped his arms around me, his fingers curled around my wrist.

"I really envy my fellow Ryuze. For a person who has managed to be your engagement, he's able to step into your room aboveboard. I can't help but feel jealous."

"Ricardo, it... Hmm?"

When I regained my presence of mind, Ricardo stole my lips again.

His behaviors were no longer deliberate as usual. This was an enchanted moment, an intoxicating, sweet feeling full of my chest.

Holding my body gently, Ricardo kissed me many times. Then Ricardo restrained his own behavior and shook his head, unclasping his arms from my waist.

"Ricardo, I send you back."

"Well, you can see me to the door."

Ricardo got up from the bench and looked at me with a charming smile. I knew my heart was beating faster and my chest was undulating rapidly.

Ricardo held me tightly in his arms and then put his hand on the door of the room, reluctant to leave.

"Goodbye, Britney."

"Goodbye."

I watched Ricardo walking out of the room when a few screams suddenly came from the direction he was going.

Hering the familiar voices, they looked at each other.

(Nora and Merrill? Even though I didn't know why they were together, something urgent must have happened!)

If something terrible happened to them, I couldn't imagine that. I ran to the direction the sound came from in a panic.

No, since I couldn't run, I went all out to walk toward the direction with my crutches.

"Ricardo, they are just around the corner. It's Nora's voice!"

"Ah, I'll go with you!"

Unfortunately, there were no soldiers or servants around. If Lucas were here, I would feel more secure, but he had returned.

As we were on the way, I saw Nora and Merrill running toward us.

"Help, help, Britney! I've seen something that I should not know! What's worse, they have discovered us and dispatched some armed men to chase after us!"

"Ah? What happened? Anyway, come to my room first!"

Ricardo stopped me as I tried to shelter these two young girls.

"No, Britney may run into danger! Moreover, what if those guys dare to broke into noble girl's room?"

"Then what should we do?"

"There's a courtyard in the east of your room. Across the courtyard..."

"Soldiers' training ground!"

There must gather many soldiers they knew who had been well cared for.

"Right, we should run toward there. Britney can't run, so I'll carry you on my back!"

"How can this be? Quit screwing around. It's too heavy for Ricardo!"

"Haven't Ryuze hugged you, too? Princess Merrill and Nora, hurry up."

Hering Ricardo's words, Merrill and Nora nodded vigorously.

Nora's expression turned pale as she heard several footsteps coming closer to them along the passage.

"We're going to be caught! Lord Ricardo, come on!"

"Ah, ah..."

Ricardo bent quickly and instructed me to get on his back.

"Britney, hurry up!"

Then I decided to follow his instruction.

"Oww... My waist!"

"Ah!... Sure enough, I'd better walk by myself."

"No problem! I'll run at full speed. Hold me tightly!"

Ricardo sprinted down the corridor, with a heavy burden on his back.

(Surprisingly, Ricardo ran very fast!)

Shortly after, we met Nora and Merrill who called for help as they ran, and then all of us dashed to our destination, the soldiers' training ground. During the period, the footsteps were still behind us.

"This is a shortcut! If we choose this narrow road, the distance to the eastern yard will be greatly reduced. So we can arrive at that training ground directly."

Nora and Merrill, who were familiar with the situation of this city, smoothly passed the road. Then Ricardo followed them.

"That's great! Britney, as long as we get out of here..."

"Ouch!"

An emergency occurred when we tried to pass the road. Because the road was wide enough for only one person to pass at a time.

My fat body was completely stuck in the road!