Chapter 147 - Temporary Engagement

Prince Marlow and his party arrested that great nobleman and returned to the castle with peace.

All the people in the capital city felt sincerely happy for their safety. Of course, so did I, Britney.

Marlow hadn't been murdered and Ryuze and Ricardo didn't suffer serious injuries. It relieved me from anxiety.

I hadn't seen them face to face, but it was great to hear the good news first.

After a while, Ryuze came to my room. After seeing him full of energy, I felt relieved.

"Ryuze onii-sama, welcome back! I'm so happy that you are safe!"

"So do you. Fortunately, you're fine. I heard it from her highness Emirya. You have been attacked, again."

"All the assassins have been arrested and I am also unharmed. Don't worry."

"Even so... I still feel upset very much. Really, it's great to see you fine."

Holding me tightly in his arms, Ryuze gently stared at me with his blue eyes like the sea.

Nevertheless, he urged me to sit down, with an extraordinarily solemn expression.

"Britney, I have something important to tell you."

Feeling the serious atmosphere, I sat in a nearby chair and kept silent.

After a moment of hesitation, Ryuze sat beside me and spoke.

"Well, Britney, Half a year went by after that."

Hearing my cousin's words, I remembered the content he put forward when Nora was on a blind date.

The content—if Ricardo failed to gain any achievement in the next year, I had to be engaged with Ryuze.

It was difficult to meet the condition because there were just a few rare opportunities to obtain such great achievement.

Moreover, there happened so many issues one after another, which caused Ricardo not to concentrate on his work.

I had been seeking help for Ricardo, but I hadn't obtained a big success.

Though Ricardo active performance, I don't think Ryuze will accept that alone.

"Onii-sama...."

I felt all jittery and peeped at his expression, but I found nothing strange as usual.

He just stared at me with his blue eyes like the calm sea.

There was no sound in the room, but the ticking sound rang out from the clock hand.

"His highness Marlow asked something about your engagement again. Have you heard that? You'd better give him a good reason to refuse that."

"I will."

Even though it confused me, I didn't dislike Marlow.

But I had never thought about getting engaged to him. That's incompatible with the future I expected.

In order to decline his inquiry, I had to engage with someone else first.

"Again, I'd like to confirm with you. Do you still not take my proposal into consideration?"

Looking at Ryuze with a serious expression, I nodded silently.

I also liked but for me, Ryuze was an important family, my elder brother.

If nothing hadn't taken place in the past, we might have got along well with each other as a couple, but now I fell in love with Ricardo.

I didn't want to give up halfway and get engaged to Ryuze. For both Ricardo and Ryuze, that would be dishonest.