•ماہتاب•

اٹھی ہی نہیں نگاہ پھر کسی اور کی طرف اک شخص کا دیدار مجھے اپنا پا بند کر گیا

اک شخص کا دیدار مجھے اپنا پا بند کر گیا

//////

The twilight was bright tonight as Mirha's form beneath the moon was lighted by the twilight, as she stared outside from the window in their room. A thin hanging gold earing swung in the air like a pendulum, the pearls lined at the edges of the large pink coloured dupatta which was made of a tissue-like material felt like the embodiment of the moon, her feet bare against the cold marble as she fell deep in thought. It felt weird today, her heart was heavy but she felt like she was in an alternate universe.

Mirha watched with glassy eyes. The party was at its peak, the classy music being enjoyed by numerous men and women, holding glasses of beverages in their hands. Everyone wore different dresses, so many people she didn't know. So many people who were unknown, who came from outside the boundaries of this house.

The feeling of being in so many people yet so far away was confusing and for someone like Mirha who could never understand their feelings, it was chaos. She was ready, in clothes gifted by him, her hair parted from the middle and reaching her lower back, thinly veiled by the pink dupatta, her fragile body covered in a navy blue dress which looked like gown reaching above her knees and below, she was wearing cigarette trousers.

Biting her berry red lips, she came put of her room upon a thought.

////////////

Ahmed had tried to talk to that girl since a couple of days but the girl would merely glare at him which made him back off. But today, as he came upon her, his breath was caught in his throat.

In a maroon peplum frock, her hair a little black but little brown under the chandelier and her skin a luminous pink, she looked breathtaking. She was standing on the terrace, looking down at the lights of the party in the lawn.

Reaching towards her silently, he let out a loud growl, chuckling as she jumped and then screamed.

Placing her hand on her heart, she looked at him with distaste.

Ahmed scrunched his nose,
"darpok." (coward.)

Minal murmured something under her breath and then turned her attention back to the party below. He watched as she watched the party with wide eyes, like she was watching a fantasy play out before her.

"Kya dekh rahi ho?" (What are you watching?)

Minal glanced at him and then turned her attention back to the party, denying him worthy of being answered.