VII: Vacation

It was about time she got a real break. said After six months of dealing with the smell of antiseptic the medical ward was saturated with, she finally got to go planet side. She lounged on a chair, dozing, soaking in the warmth of twin suns by one of the resort's pools. The only thing blocking her sunbathing was the ever-present shadow of the looming star destroyer that was currently stopped for maintenance.

With a Coruscate martini to her side, wearing a pair of sunglasses and a bikini, she was finally relieved of the stress that came with her job. She was staying at this resort until the ship was fixed. It could take a few days, or it could be a few weeks; either way, she was spending the entire time here.

She deserved this.

She was interrupted from her light nap by the sound of a 'splash,' followed by an annoyed shout of "Ren!"

Oh, for fuck sake!

She quickly sat up and pulled the sunglasses from her eyes. Just as she had suspected, her former lovers were across the pool from her, Ren swimming around and Hux lounging in one of the pool chairs shaded by an umbrella, wearing a flower printed button down, some kaki capris and sunglasses, very different from his usual professional attire. Kylo, of course, was shirtless, only wearing trunks as he splashed around, obviously annoying the general. Of course, they had decided to settle right across from her. (Y/N) met Hux's eyes and he immediately looked away, the drink beside him suddenly seemed to interest him. When you met Kylo's gaze, however, he grinned and waved at her.

Oh, lord.

She pinched her nose, closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. There was no way in hell they were going to ruin her well-deserved vacation. She lay back down on the chair and closed her eyes again, trying to pretend that that the two of them didn't exist.

She was then interrupted by a loud gurgle coming from her stomach.

Lunch sounded pretty good right now.

Finally, some real food. Even for the doctors, the food they received wasn't exactly gourmet. She was happy to finally have some fresh food for once. She covered herself up and made her way inside the hotel.

She felt Hux and Kylo's eyes burning into her back as walked away.

She rolled her eyes and made her way to her room.

She waved her key card in-front of her door, causing it to open will a quiet 'beep.' She collapsed onto her bed and groaned.

Of course, they would follow her here.

She sighed into the mattress and pushed herself up onto her forearms and reached over to the hotel phone settled on one of the end tables of her bed to order room service to deliver lunch directly to her, instead of risking running into those two again. After putting in her order, she rolled onto her back, closed her eyes, and let out another long sigh.

Realizing that she was in just swimsuit and a cover, she made to get up, when to her closet, and got out some clothes. She changed out of her bikini and into a shirt and shorts. She went to lie back down and fell onto the bed.

She hadn't realized that he had fallen asleep, until she heard a loud knock at her door. She went to open her door, only to find the two main reasons why she needed this vacation, standing there, each holding a platter of food.

"What the fuck!?" she screamed as she slammed the door closed.

To her disbelief (though, she didn't put it passed him), the door flung back open, and a grinning Kylo, and a general glaring at him.

"Room service?" Kylo beamed.

(Y/N) stared, in disbelief, as the two men set their plates onto the small desk across from her bed.

"What the fuck!?" she repeated.

"You ordered room service, didn't you? We merely ran into the waiter in the hallways and offered to take the food for him." Hux chimed.

"You two did something to make this happen, didn't you?"

"We would do no such thing!" Kylo defended.

(Y/N) shook her head.

"Well, now that you brought my food here, shouldn't you two, you know, leave?"

"How rude!" Hux exclaimed, mocking offence, "here we are, taking time out of our vacation to bring you a meal, and you wish us to leave without a 'thank you?'"

"Well thank you general," she nodded to Hux "and you, commander," she nodded to Kylo, "but, I really would like to enjoy my meal in peace." She forced a smile and gestured towards the door.

"Don't you want some company? You seem sort of lonely here." Hux drawled.

"Believe me, I really don't need you two to stay."

Too late, Kylo had already made himself comfortable on the bed settled in the center of the room.

"Get out of here!" (Y/N) lost her temper and started to herd Hux out the door.

"Now, now, let's not be hasty here." Hux brushed you off him, going over to the desk, seating himself at the desk chair and leaning back.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes.

"You know what? You two have fun here, I'm going to go get mt lunch somewhere else."

(Y/N) sat a small table at one of the many restaurants sprinkled around the resort. She currently was enjoying the bowl of chips and some sort of dip that was, apparently, a local delicacy, and lazily scanned her menu, deciding what she wanted for her, now late, lunch. A content smile graced her face as a waiter came over to take her order. She began to describe what she wanted, freezing, mid-sentence, when she heard two familiar voices across from her.

"Mam?" the waiter asked, confused, slightly worried about the fact that you suddenly stopped talking.

Of course, they were here

The worried voice of the poor waiter snapped (Y/N) out of her trance, and she quickly finished her order. Her waiter quickly wrote everything down, gave her one last concerned look, and when to attend to the other patrons.

With him gone, (Y/N), now, had an unobstructed view of the couple who were seated at the booth across from her, mouth agape.

Hux turned to her.

"Ah, (Y/N), what a surprise!"

(Y/N) stocked over to their table, bracing her hands at the end and growled,

"What the hell are you two doing here!"

"What ever do you mean, (Y/N)."

That sounded familiar.

"Won't you join us?" Kylo piped up.

"No thanks." She seethed and stocked back.

She cradled her head in her hands, and took a deep breath.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me."

A small "clink" interrupted her thoughts. She looked up to see the same waiter, giving her a sympathetic look and sliding some sort of cocktail towards her.

"You look like you need it."