Chapter 4

Maggie's POV:
The nightmares were getting worse I couldn't sleep tonight. I sat up in dad's bed and grabbed hill house and read it again. It was late and dad woke up and saw me reading.

Steve: "You know I have other books right?"

Me: "I know. But this is one is my favorite."

Steve: "Why?"

Me: "Because it's about you and your family."

Steve: "I see. You should go back to sleep."

Me: "Just one more page?"

Steve: "Fine."

I began reading again I was very into the book and didn't notice father was talking to me when I finally finish the pages I put the book down.

Steve: "Hey that was more than one page!"

Me: "Sorry Dad."

Steve: "It's ok just head to bed please."

I turned off my reading light and put my pillow over my face and fell asleep. Morning arrived and I realized it was Friday I lost track of time this week and forgot dad had a date.

Me: "Dad wake up it's today it's today!!"

Steve: "I'm up I'm up. What's today?"

Me: "Your date! Go take a shower."

Steve: "Alright Alright."

Dad got up and headed to the bathroom he took a shower. He came out with a nice shirt and black pants.

Steve: "'Tie or no tie?"

Me: "Definitely no tie. You're going to Cheesecake Factory not the nicest restaurant in the entire world."

Steve: "You're right."

Me: "I usually am."

5pm rolled by so fast. Theo came and dad left. Theo and I sat around and played board games.

Steve's POV:

I saw Madison at a table I proceeded to the table and sat in front of her. She was wearing a nice red dress. Her hair was straightened and she looked stunning.

Me: "Hi I'm steve."

Maddie: "Madison. But please call me Maddie."

Me: "Nice to meet you. On your dating profile it says you you're a actress and singer is that true?"

Maddie: "Yeah it says you're a author I've read your books."

Me: "Did you like them?"

Maddie: "Yeah they were amazing."

Me: "Thank you."

Maddie: "So your daughter Maggie?"

Me: "She's fifteen years old and she starts school again next week."

Maddie: "That's cool is she going to private or public school?"

Me: "Oh definitely private."

Maddie: "That's great I've always wanted to go to private school. I was homeschooled my last year of highschool."

Me: "Yeah highschool was the worst."

Maddie: "True."

Maddie and I talked the night away we finished eating and just started walking around. I knew she was the one with my wife it was iffy but her I just automatically knew.

Me: "I had fun tonight."

Maddie: "Me too. Here's my number I'll take my profile down tonight."

Me: "I will too. See you later."

On the way home I called her and took my profile down. I ended the call and headed inside.

Maggie: "Ooo dads blushing!"

Theo: "I'll take it as your date went well."

Me: "It was fantastic."

Maggie: "You gonna see her again?"

Me:"Yep."