Chapter 5.

{That's what Maggie's Room looks like.}

Maggie's POV:

Sorry I haven't updated you guys in awhile. It's been a few months since you last heard from me. Dad is still dating Maddie I hope they get married they've been dating for 8 months. School is ok I guess but Maddie lives with us and she's really nice. My nightmares went away for a little bit dad let Luke stayed with us for a little bit and Luke told me to count to seven everytime I got scared. It Dosent really help but take what you get I guess. I got ready for school and headed downstairs.

Maddie: "Have a great day at school sweetie."

Me: "I will."

Maddie: "Why don't I take you? I know you hate riding the bus."

Me: "Oh thank goodness."

We headed to the car and Maddie drove me to school.

Me: "Where did dad go again?"

Maddie: "He went to see Shirley."

Me: "Oh yeah I forgot."

Maddie: "He's coming back tonight it's a short visit. He wants to write a sequel to Hill house but of course he needed everyone's permission he asked Shirley last."

Me: "Maddie?"

Maddie: "Yeah sweetie?"

Me: "Do you wanna marry dad?"

Maddie: "Eventually. Why?"

Me: "Just asking."

We arrived at the school I got out of the car waved bye to Maddie and headed inside. Even though it was a private school kids still did drugs I didn't have friends I always sat alone in classes or at lunch. My first class of the day was art I thought I wasn't good at it but the kid next to me did.

Luka: "Woah Maggie that's a good picture of your dad and his girlfriend."

Me: "Thanks Luka. Their 8 month anniversary is tonight I should give it to them. Mrs Wheeler?"

Mrs Wheeler: "Yes?"

Me: "Do you have a frame I want to frame this for my father. I will pay you back."

Mrs wheeler: "Of course I bought frames for everyone's pictures!"

She handed me a frame and I framed and wrapped it.

Me: "Thank you."

The day went on and I sat alone at lunch like always but the kid from art stood by a chair.

Luka: "Can I sit with you?"

Me: "Sure."

He sat next to me.

Luka: "My names Luka by the way."

Me: "I know because when Mrs wheeler calls your name you say here. But I'm Maggie."

Luka: "So how is being Crains daughter and all?"

Me: "It's fine. He's the nicest man in the world. I hope Maddie and him get married."

Luka started saying something but I saw someone who looked my real father. I got really scared because I knew he was dead it must be his ghost like Luke said. I begin counting to seven softly.

Me: "One two three four five six seven."

Luka: "What are you doing?"

Me: "I gotta go."

I got up and ran to the bathroom and texted Luke.
Me: Uncle Luke can we talk?
Uncle Luke 😎❤️: Yeah sure Maggie What's up?
Me: I saw him.
Uncle Luke 😎❤️: Did you count to seven?
Me: I'm not a baby Luke that never works on me! I'm so scared I don't know what to do!
Uncle Luke 😎❤️: Text your dad and see if he can come get you I'm at work sweetie.
Me: Ok.

I called dad.

Me: "Hi daddy? Are you busy are you still with Shirley?"

Steve: "No sweetie I just got home. Are you ok is everything alright you sound scared."

Me: "I just really missed you can you come get me? I wanna spend some time with you before you and Maddie have your anniversary dinner."

Steve: "Of course sweetie I'll be there soon I love you."

Me: "Love you too daddy."

I hung up the phone and waited in the office for dad. When he arrived and signed me out I hugged him crying. We went into the car.

Steve: "Sweetie what's wrong? I brought you McDonald's since I know you didn't eat lunch."

Me: "Thanks dad. I saw him again."

Steve: "Do you wanna go to therapy?"

Me: "I've seen him a few times I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to think I'm crazy. But yeah therapy would be nice..."

Steve: "Theo has a friend he's a really good one. He'll come to the house for you."

Me: "Thanks dad."

I ate my food and we headed home I pulled the picture out of my backpack and placed it on the table.

Me: "Don't open till later. What did aunt Shirley say?"

Steve: "She's on board with it. And she's going to take some of the royalties. And I'm going to put half of my royalties in a college fund for you Harvard isn't going to pay for itself now is it?"

Me: "No it's not."

I smiled and hugged him and he hugged me back.