Chapter 3: The Demon's protection

It's a contract.

 With a Demon.

 Henry knew it was a contract, how obvious could that be? It was one of Demons' most valuable and powerful items to have with them. These simple looking papers have taken thousands of greedy yet poor human souls away to Hell. Henry bit his lip as he looked at the Demon infront of him.

-Sign it. -The Demon said firmly.

-I'm not signing anything! -Henry exclaimed. -We've just met, I don't even know your motives, you probably know me well enough but that doesn't make me want to sign a contract with you!

 William just rolled his eyes boringly.

-Listen here. I have my own reasons to do this, which I cannot tell you, but for fuck sake, sign this damn piece of paper. -He sounded like he was pleading.

 The priest didn't move from his position, he kept his eyes on the other man‎. What the creature was saying was very nonsensical.

-No. -The answer was plain and simple, yet so stern and stoic. 

 The demon tilted his head, his eyes widened in a strange way. In a blink of an eye, he was right infront of Henry, his deadly hand gripping around the priest's fragile neck. He hissed:

-Moron, don't you know how many Demons, how many Devils, spirits, "Fallen Beings" out there want their filthy hands on your "precious" fucking soul!? Everyday you go out there, they stalk you like a prey, waiting for you to drop your guard, fighting over each other just to eat you up alive. -His voice suddenly lowered, as his grip got less intense. -If you sign this, -He sighed. -we will have a bond, a connection, I can mark you as MY soul, and no one will be able to hurt you in any possible way.

 Henry was shocked by what William was saying, he absolutely didn't know any of those information. His soul... Was it that valuable...? Of course, he knew that almost all the priests' and popes' souls were pure and holy, but that did not make him any more special than the others. He felt his face burned up a little.

-L-let me go. You a-are ch-choking me...!

 William dropped Henry onto the cold floor, leaving him nearly choking and gasping for breath. Gentle as he might look, he's still a heartless Demon and no more.

-So... -Henry finally said, after gaining back his mind. - If I do this, you'll protect me... from your "friends"...

-They are not my friends, priest. -William sounded disgusted at the statement. -Not every "Fallen Creatures" are friends as you humans always think.

-Alright, alright... I'm sorry. -Henry sniffed. -You'll protect me from their threats, but what ab--

 Again, the demon cut his words short, rudely:

-Believe me, I won't.

-What? -The priest felt confused.

-I won't hurt you.-William moved closer to Henry, his silver eyes glowing brighter as his fingers gently stroked Henry's cheek, sending a shiver down the priest's spine. -As much as I would love to have my claws or my teeth digging into that soft skin of yours... -His tone was soft and tender, almost sounded... flirty. -I won't be able to. What a pity. -He ended the sentence with a light "Tsk". Henry shuddered.

 Even though he could barely trust the creature, something deep inside him told him that this was anything other than a lie. His hands trembled.

-H-how can I trust you with your words, - He emphasized. - Demon?

 William chuckled, he retreated back to his previous position, his hands firmly set behind his back.

-You haven't stabbed me with your "stick", and I haven't been burned with any source of "Holy Magic", which means you trust me.

-More like you force me not to do so... -Henry mumbled under his breath.

-What was that? -The Demon asked.

-Nothing, nothing. -The priest said, still keeping his eyes away from William. He didn't want to look at this creature by any chance, nor did he want to be close to him any longer. The awkwardness kept surrounding him.

-Give me your hand. -William said, finally.

-What? -Despite the question, his hand still moved foward. The demon took it gently, and with a sharp claw, he cut a deep mark in his palm. Henry yelped, almost pulling his hand back, but William held it tightly.

 The warm blood dripped onto the contract, it stained the paper and turned into a darkish colour. Just by then did William let him go.

-That hurt! -Henry snarled.

-I know. -The demon smiled. -That's why I cut it so deeply.

"What a bastard...", Henry thought.

-I'm not the only bastard here, priest. -He shrugged.

-Oh yeah, you can read mind, can't you. -The human said sarcastically. -How convenient.

-You're welcome. -He changed the topic. -Now that we are... bound, there are gonna be some... rules we'll have to have a small talk about.

 Oh great, more conversations with this lovely, friendly Demon.

-Fine. But be quick. -Henry said uninterestingly.

 William chuckled warmly.

-I'm happy to see you so co-operative this time. But... this church won't be a‎ perfect place for a secretive talk. Let's go somewhere more... private...

 With that, he snapped his fingers, and a big fume of smoke consumed them both, making them disappearing without leaving a trace behind, like they weren't even there before. The peaceful silence was all that was present now.