Chapter 7: The spark of a promising relationship

Gloomy morning. Grey clouds. Cold rain. The usual greeted Henry and his "accompanion" as they walked out of the seemingly normal house. William had promised to take Henry home after breakfast, and the Demon was not the one who would betray his words. William stared at the heavy rain for a moment, then let out an annoying sigh.

-What's the matter? -The priest asked.

-I don't like rain. That's all. -The Demon answered bluntly and opened the umbrella in his hands. He gestured Henry to follow him. Henry, assuming that William had already known where his house was located, followed him.

 They looked nothing out of the ordinary. A tall, posh-looking "man" and a man who represented a priest, just chilling and strolling down the streets of London. The only thing that made them stood out was the taller man's dark purple umbrella. Henry didn't want to converse, but at the same time, there were so many questions he wanted to ask. He glanced at William, whose face didn't even display any emotion whatsoever, as if he had been a complete iceberg, cold and stoic. Eventually, the Demon couldn't stand being peeked at forever.

-What? -He asked, his British accent coated his short sentence.

-I... -Henry was starting to get nervous again.

-Just ask already. I appreciate your lovely stutter, but you are trying my patience now. -The Demon replied, his free hand was busy wiping the rain off his shoulder.

 Henry thought carefully. What would he want to know? The overwhelming flood of questions had been gone within a second‎, before he even recognized its sudden disappearance. He felt embarrassed like a guilty child who was asked to speak but couldn't come up with anything to say. He didn't like it when the Demon started feeling annoyed towards him. To his surprise, William didn't urge him to say anything. Not yet, probably.

-W-well... I just wanted to ask... -He stammered. -Who are you?

 The Unholy One looked at him with a strange look in his eyes.

-I'm a Demon. -He answered. William's words were like him, blunt and uncaring. They could hurt sometimes...

-Just a Demon? Who happens to care for a human? How unnatural. -Henry snorted.

 Surprisingly, the conversation carried out rather well, more to the priest's thoughts.

‎-I'm not unnatural. -William continued with the same nonchalant tone. -When we Demons want something from a certain human, we will create a special bond with them. It's beneficial for both, but usually, we are the ones who gain more afterwards.

-Like symbiosis? -Henry asked.

-Yes. Like so. Next question?

 Another one quickly popped up in the priest's head. He was curious about this... creature, and he wanted more information. "Curiosity killed the cat", they would say, "But satisfaction brought it back.".

-How long have you been stalking me, Demon? Are you just a Demon or some sort of Incubus...?

 William frozed. He adverted his gaze back to the shorter man, his face was a mix of strange emotions.

-What makes you think I'm an Incubus? -The Demon questioned softly.

-Well... Ugh... -The priest looked away from the other, he bit his lips and his hands began to fidget nervously. This was kind of awkward to speak aloud...

-I mean, you have the look... -That was all Henry could say to avoid the nasty things that were poisoning his mind.

 For a moment, the Demon was silent. Then, he chuckled, or, more like he was about laugh like a maniac.