Chapter 6

They sang so loud. We ran out of the townhall and into an alleyway.

"Hide!" I whisper yell. We hid, me in a corner under a box, Max and Dani around the corner behind a trash can and Alison behind an old rickety oven. I thought happy thoughts to keep me from panicking. They came and were walking closer and closer. I put my hand over my mouth and kept my breathe inside. "I smell. I smell... squad." Mary said. Then explained what squad was. They soon left and I stood up and wiped my clothes off. Alison stood up and made the oven door open, "I've got an idea." She said. We ran to school and into the office. I ducked under the desk and max started talking. We heard them pass us and we ran out and followed them. Alison has started the stereo and it was letting off a voice. They were following it, just like she planed. They walked in right before we reached the door. Alison and Dani slammed the kiln door shut, locked it, then turned it on. I watched as they burned. We ran outside and jumped around in the commons. "I guess now that the witches are dead I better get home." I said. "What? Your gonna leave now?" Dani asked. I got on my knees in front of her. "Dani. I will always be a Sanderson. But that doesn't mean I'm bad like one. I'm a good person. Seeing them burn made me realize they put that spell on me and they could still take it away as they go to Hell. But I will always be right here in Salem." I said. "But you can't go." Dani cried. "Dani I've gotta. I can't stay with you guys." I said. "Dani." Max said and put his hands on her shoulders. "I'll see you again." I said to all of them. I walked to my apartment and unlocked the door. "What are you doing here?!" I yelled.