Prologue

"Mother? Out of all schools, why back here? Can't I just be home schooled?" The girl asked, grabbing her school bag and looked straight at her mother with a glare, who was packing her lunch, oblivious to her glare.

"Kiri, sweetie. Your brother and sister wanted you close by...so did me...and your father. Besides, isn't it nice seeing your family again after all these years?" Her mother asked, making the girl furrow her eyebrows. "All these years? I've been gone for only two...and it was the best two years of my life" She stated, turning on her music before grabbing her flute case and her lunch.

"It doesn't matter...this family won't be broken anymore. If you see your brother or sister...or father...please... just try to be nice to them...okay?" Mother asked as she sighed and nodded, plugging her earbuds in and walking out of the house.

"I love you!!!" Her mother shouted as she closed and locked the door, beginning her long trail from her home to her new school. Two little fairies (or Charas, but she calls them fairies) flew from her bag and landed on her shoulders, making the journey to school not so lonely, or quiet.

"Kiri! Kiri! Kiiiiri! Can we stop by the cafe before we get to school?" One of them asked, making the girl pull her phone out and placed it to her ears, so it wouldn't look like she was talking to herself.

"Which one, Mona? There's too many to choose from" She said as the little fairy, known as Mona, flew in front and guided the small child to a cafe that just recently opened. She walked in and looked around.

Pink and beige covered the walls, floor and ceilings, fairy lights hanging all over the ceiling, pillars and the counter, stairs leading to the upper levels, the second floor being a library and the third floor was a rooftop view over the lively street.

"Mmm...macaroons, tea, more sweets...the aroma is sooo nice. Aesthetically pleasing toooooo!!!" Mona said, flying around. The other fairy gotten off Kiriko's shoulder and flew over to the cheerful one. "Mon! Don't fly off like that!" The silent one scolded as Mona pouts. "Azu! You have to admit...it's pretty- " She paused and pointed at the small girl.

"Kiri finished ordering...soo fast!" Mon pointed to the girl, who paid the cashier and retrieved the three light pink bags and her tea. She glanced at the two as she was walking, making them fly towards her.

"Mmm...I can't wait! Can I eat one?! Pleeeeeeeeease?" Mona asked as Azure nodded calmly. Kiriko placed her earbuds in her ears and started to eat her sweets, making the duo dive into her bag and eat any sweets they wanted.

After a calming 10 minute walk, she finally reached the entrance of Seiyo Academy. It was her first day at the school, conveniently a new school year was starting. As she stepped foot through the entrance, multiple people started to surrounded a group of students walking from a greenhouse like building, completely ignoring her.

"Hm?" She looked over, taking her earbuds out and walked towards the crowd. Three students were walking towards the entrance of the school. "What's so special about them?" She thought as a female with blonde hair with silver ends walked towards the girl.

"You must be new. I'm Ame" She introduced herself as they both shook hands. "Kiriko" She introduced herself and pointed towards the trio. "What's so special about them?" She asked as Ame glanced at them, before turning back towards her.

"They're Guardians. Kind of royal at this school. Tea, sweets, royal cape, protects everyone at this school from bad rules, that kind of thing. Once a year, a election is held where they select new members. Last year, they added a new chair...Jokers chair...I believe they transferred here about a year ago" Ame explained as Kiriko furrowed her eyebrows, then walked away, making Ame chase after her.

"W-wait! What class are you in?" She rushed over to Kiriko, who held up four fingers. "Four-Moon" She said as Ame walked besides her and smiled. "Same. Let's go together!" She said as the duo walked to their class. As soon as they reached the door to their classroom, Ame opened the door, revealing the classroom to have a few student mingling. Both girls sat in the back, one in front of the other, both having a window view.

"Oh! I forgot to mention, the election meeting is mandatory" Ame said as Kiriko raised her eyebrow. "That's when the Guardians announce who is going to be joining them" She explained as Kiriko hummed in response, playing with Mona, who was chasing Kiriko's fingers.

"Don't think about skipping it, either. I've tried and failed..." Ame said as Kiriko nodded, but still tried to come up with ways to skip the ceremony.

●Word Count: 829●