100

Jung Hoseok

          He stared at Yoori and his picture together, reimagining those precious moments he is holding so dearly. He wants to see her, even just for a minute. Ever since their call, he felt the distance between them, and he partly blames himself for it. Hoseok never wanted for that distance to exist in the first place. He doesn't know how, when and why, but it's just there. Maybe it's because he is aware of Yoori's feelings for him. Or maybe because he never had Yoori's courage for him to tell his very own feelings.

          Yoongi noticed how longingly Hoseok stared at his phone with Yoori and him laughing as his home-screen wallpaper. Yoongi rolled his eyes at Hoseok's attitude, wanting to help his best friend since he doesn't want Hoseok committing the same mistakes as he did, "just go," Yoongi said loudly, making Hoseok jump.

         Hoseok fumbled with his phone, turning it off in the process. "what are you talking about Hyung?" Hoseok asked, looking around. It feels like everything seems to be more interesting than his phone.

          "you miss her, so just leave and go to her," Yoongi said nonchalantly, as if they don't have a tour to be on.

          Hoseok was taken back on what Yoongi said. He doesn't seem to register what the hyung wants him to do. "So you want me to just pack up and leave?" he asked.

Yoongi nodded, as Hoseok's brows furrowed in confusion, "I can't just pack up and leave, ARMYs are waiting for us to perform our songs. I can't just leave everything for a girl—"

Yoongi whacked Hoseok's head with a newspaper that he just found lying on the coffee table. "You are not leaving anything behind you dumb fuck. Besides, the concert's already done here, and we have the next two days as our free time. So why don't you just book a plane ticket now to save more time?" Yoongi crossed his arms, while Hoseok rub his head. For a small man, Yoongi really is strong.

          "but—" Hoseok tried to reason, "if you don't do it now then you might just miss your chance with her. I mean, your call," Yoongi shrugged, making Hoseok's shoulder slump down.

          He's confused. For the first time, he doesn't know what to do. He wants to do Yoongi's suggestion but at the same time he's scared. Not because he might get rejected, but because of the fact that 'what if' they are not meant for each other and break things off. He was already overthinking things that might happen, things that could go wrong in his head. He couldn't stop his automatic thoughts, which Yoongi noticed based on Hoseok's troubled expression.

          "Hobi-yah, think about the purple elephant. No matter how specific your thoughts are, they're just thoughts. It's not real. Would you give up this potential relationship just because you're not sure if it's for the long run? At least try Hobi... I don't want you to regret this, thinking 'what if we get to have the family I always wanted?' just think about it. What if you guys really have a future together. What about those possibilities? Those kinds of what if's can exist too. I hope you make your decision by the end of the night. This can change your life Hobi, really." Yoongi said, staring at Hoseok's face, looking for a reaction.

          Hoseok seems to have an inner debate between his heart and mind, finally reaching to a conclusion, "book me the next flight to Seoul," he smiled.

          "that's my man!" Yoongi exclaimed, giving Hoseok a high-five and a hug. He wanted Hoseok and Yoori together, partly because he doesn't want Hoseok to experience regret, like him and Jimin now. And the bigger percentage of his existence wants Yoori to get pregnant, but of course he wouldn't admit that part. He would rather keep that thought to himself, and not let Hoseok know.