chapter 2

I walk to class through the busy hall way with so much students, I still have three minutes before my class starts. I feel my phone vibrate on my pocket so  I bring it out and see a text message from Eva my bestfriend since freshman year.

Girl, I just saw your sister looking like a bitch as usual but FUCK I love her kneel booth,  I wish I had them.  See you at lunch, love you

I laugh at her message because Eva hates Alicia's guts but love everything Alicia owns, very funny.  Eva is the only one who knows that Jess is my mom,  everyone in my neighborhood and school thinks she's my aunt but she's Alicia's mom and am just some relative staying with them.

Classes went by fast and it's lunch time already,  I walk fast towards the cafeteria and find Eva sitting down already at our spot. I walk towards her and hugs her from behind and I sit doww dropping my bag close to me.

" Watsup maria" she mimics Alicia
I laugh at her joke and reply her " You don't get to call me Maria,  only Alicia is allowed to call me Maria " I smile at her and eat her fries.
She frowns at me "but why can't I call you Maria "
I eat more of her fries and bring out my iPhone from my pocket,  if you think Jess got it for me then you are dreaming. Jess played the role of giving birth to me but has never been a mother to me , not even a day.

I got my iPhone from my dad as my Christmas present, Jess wanted to take it from me because Alicia wanted it  so my dad bought another one for her to avoid war.  Alicia and I don't share same father,  her father is a drunkard and doesn't even know if Alicia exist. Well you may think I got the good dad but no,  he doesn't want me too because he's so busy and he's married and doesn't want me around him because his wife doesn't like children. My father is loaded that's why my mom is still keeping me because of my father's money.

"oh common Eva,  that's the perks of being my sister "
She stares at me like there's something on my face
"is there something on my face eva"
I pretend as if am confused, touching my face and using my phone as mirror to check my face.
" What happened to your face Sam,  did your mom hit you? " She looks at me with pity " Common tell me sam"

ughhhhh,  she's so persistent. I fake a smile and squeezes  her hand " Eva my mom would never hit me,  I missed a step and fell down. And  why would my mom hit me" I shrug it off like its not important,  well it isn't.
She laughs and eats her fries,  she turns her head to the cafeteria door " Well Sam your mom hates your guts Sooooo... OMG sam" she whispers to me " It's your golden boy lester" she smirks at me.
That's it, am red like a tomato right now, well I have had a crush on Lester since freshman year, only Eva knows.
Iester walks with his friends laughing together to their seats accompanied by Alicia whose is holding hands with Drake, her boyfriend who turns out to be Lester right hand man.

"Stop looking at them Sam,  OMG you blushing " Eva laughs out loud gaining the attention of everyone seated in the cafeteria "Eva stop laughing, okay this isn't funny. Look, everyone is looking at you " I turn my head to direction Lester and friends are seated, I realized he was staring back at me making red more. I turn my attention to my phone and play with my curly hair.

"right, so where were we ?. Got plans for today " she gives me her full attention. I can't get my mind off Lester, his green eyes staring back at me
Well, Lester is the golden boy of my school, he's got anything a girl wants in a boy like his god like looking body, his killer smile .OMG Lester is so good looking not just him, his friends also.

" Sam" Eva looks at me strangely,  " Drooling over someone? "
I get up from my seat and carry my bag with me
"No Eva, stop okay" I bend down to her level and whisper to her " I don't like Lester okay,  I can't even like or I don't even have the right to like him"
She looks at me "Why "
I pat her back and head to the girls restroom, my phone vibrates in my pocket,  I bring it out
Wow,  it's my dad, he rarely calls me
"hey dad,  or don't I have the right to call you dad too" I don't even know how that came out from my mouth

" of course Sam,  am your dad so it's your right  and how are you doing "
I feel like crying because my dad doesn't even call me. He only calls my mom to check up on me, what does he even want
"so what do you want dad? You know you could have called Jess you know. She won't be happy knowing you called me"
He laughs "no Sam,  we are having a family dinner with your grand parents,  so they want you to come "
My grand parents, never heard of them before or he has never mentioned them.

" when? Dont think am going because of you, I will only go because I want to see my grand parents "

"Alright Sam, my driver is gonna pick you up by 7 on Friday,  wear something nice "
I feel like shouting at my dad because if he just took me with him,  I won't have to endure Jess and her daughter
" what ever" I don't wait for him to reply,  I end the call and head for my next class, I hate my family because they only remember you when they need something. Did someone just push me
OMG I'm on the floor,  my head hurts
"you should look where your going to? " Am so angry right now , I didn't even look at the person that pushed me or maybe it was an accident but yeah am angry.
" feisty huh? You are the who isn't looking at where you are going to because you walked into me girl,  are you blind?"
I turn my head to look at the person only to realize it was Lester.  Still sitting on the floor,  looking at Lester as if he's a god
Wow, he's so cute, his green eyes mesmerize me. I open my mouth to talk but nothing comes out.
" Done drooling? " he stretched out his right hand for me to stand,  I couldn't take it because I could stay like this forever staring at him.
He looks at me with a frown on his flawless face "Enough drooling for today "
Am still looking at him, guess what he is looking at me too.
Great , the school bell rings signaling everyone that class is about to start, I can't be late for class
He stretched his hands again,  this time around I take it.  Too shy to say anything,  I run to my next class.

*****
Done for today,  oh I have to get Alicia's dress for her birthday party on Friday,  thanks to grandparents because I don't have to be home for her party.
" Sam"
Well,  am seated in Eva's car,  she's driving me to Mrs Benny for Alicia's dress.
"So your not gonna be in Alicia's party,  you know it's a good opportunity to see lester"
She smirks at me  " Well,  I rather be with my grand parents and have a boring conversation than be in her party with horny teenagers "
That's a lie,  I really want to stay for the party because I want to stare at Lester's green eyes.

Eva parks her car at the parking lot in the shop,  I don't wait for her,  I get down and head for the shop.
I open the glass door and meet Mrs Benny already packaging a beautiful silver dress " It's beautiful ma'am"
I say to her
She looks at me with a smile "I have something similar to this dress, it will fit you perfectly sam"
" Nah, thanks,  am here for Alicia's dress "
She goes inside bringing a bag and handing it to me,  I guess the dress is inside
" Thanks ma'am "
I turn to leave, I realized Eva is standing at door smirking at me.
"Can I see the dress please" she gives me a look that made me give the bag to her
"hmm Sam, I want to try it on" she whispers to me
"stop Eva,  it's for Alicia, you know how she is, she will kill me if she finds out you wore her dress"
Am so tired of Eva, always comparing her self to Alicia.
She looks at me with a puppy dog eyes that I can't resist
"Alright alright, just be fast" I sit down at the closest chair to me
" i will be back" with that she heads to the  restroom.
Ughhhhh what a day,  I can't wait to get home and sleep on my bed.

Thanks guys
Please don't forget to vote
Xoxo