chapter 4

Through out the rest of my class, the only thing I thought of was Lester, Lester Lester. I just couldn't wait for them to ring the bell at same time am so nervous about meeting Lester alone.

What if he doesn't like me, what am I even thinking, am not even qualified to be called pretty. Well let's see how the rest of the day goes. The thought of going home to meet mom and Alicia makes me want to puke .
"Hey Sam,  nervous about meeting Lester " oh my God, Eva hasn't shut up since Lester talked to me.
I frown at her for being a talkative but I still love her

"No,  Eva just stop these " I try to give her my
'I am serious face' but still continue talking
"lesam, Yay that's it Sam,  you guys are good to go"   I don't even answer her, Eva is the only child of her parents. She's loved by both parents sometimes I wish I could be loved that way, Eva doesn't worry about anything because her mother is there for her,  the only thing she worries about is me.  She pouts and stare at me.
" So Sam your not gonna talk to me again".
Eva is so pretty with her blonde straight hair and her perfect body but I still wonders why we are friends because Eva and I don't look compatible because am just plain and simple while Eva is an exquisite, astounding, wonderful beauty. You see the difference.
"No,  just shut up Eva"

We walk to her car,  she's dropping me at McDonald's, I plop down to her car and she starts the car. The drive from school to McDonald's is about 10 minutes and am so nervous  " Are you nervous about meeting Lester Sam, I can go with you if you want " I form a scowl on my face and let it fade away quickly  " I can handle my self eva but still thanks" I touch her lap and kiss her cheek
" Alright then Sam,  just make sure you call me to spill it when you get home okay"
We arrive at McDonald's,  I release a sigh  and look at Eva "Sure Eva, I will" with that I get down from her car. We say our goodbyes and she drives  away.

****

Am standing outside McDonald's, scared of going inside so I made up my mind to go inside and face Lester. Taking one last glance at the outer building,  I walk in and I glance around to see if Lester is here already.. He isn't here so I find my self sliding into a empty booth. Seems like I will be needing my phone for company before Lester comes.

I have been sitting here for about 15 minutes and Lester isn't here so now am gonna count to twenty and if he doesn't show up am gonna leave. So 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,  7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

"Hi Sam,  am really sorry for keeping you waiting. I was cut up with something, am really sorry ".
Yeah, your lucky because if you didn't come now, you wouldn't meet me here,  I wanted to say that to him but I couldn't.  I just smile at him "alright,  so why do you want to see me" my heart is beating so fast,  I feel it will fall out of my chest.
He looks at me with a smile " So Sam what do you want to eat" I can't eat in his present because he's sitting opposite me, I just wished the ground opens and swallow me.
"Am okay but smoothie will be good" I raise my head to look at him but I froze because he was looking back at me. We continue the staring contest for a little while with out anyone talking  but boom the waitress comes and ruin it " So what should I get you both" a young girl, May be same age with Alicia,  she kept her gaze on Lester only as if I wasn't there.
Lester glares at her but why
"hmm, a cheese burger and fries with a smoothie,  thanks " with that he turns his attention back to me. I guess the waitress left already
" Sam I really need your help,  I know it's weird but I just don't see myself asking another person but you" he looks at me,  I mean directly to my dark brown eyes
"what do you need my help for les"  The waitress brings our order and drop it on the table and I mutter a thanks to her, I don't care if she heard it or not.

" I....hmmm.... There's this family get together we do every six months so I want you to go with me,  just for that day Sam because my parents thinks I have a girlfriend and my mom has been nagging me to bring her with me " He looks at me these time with pleading eyes that I can't resist,  oh no Samaria don't fall for those eyes.
I bite my lips because I try to talk but I can't, then I start eating the fries on the table.
Lester just kept staring at me then he said " if you don't want to Samaria its okay" This is the first time he's calling me Samaria, I look at him and smile " No, it's okay Les so when is the get together " He's shocked but replaces it with a smug look  "Next Week Sunday, will you be busy? "  I shake my head  No and he understands.