chapter 6

Don't forget to vote
Thanks guys
Xoxo ❤️

I woke up due to Alicia's loud voice yelling at someone and the sound of music with loud beat, oh I forgot today is her birthday party. My body aches and a pounding headache hitting my head. I actually passed out when Alicia was cutting my hair because right now am in my room, on the floor. That's why my body aches.

I manage to get up and look at the mirror, I look so horrible, Alicia didn't do justice to my hair. She didn't even cut it equal, some part of my hair is long while some short. My hair is short now, probably reaching my neck but one thing Alicia couldn't take away is the curls. Although my hair is short now, it's still curly.

I reach out for my scissors and I trim my hair, trying to make it look equal. About five minutes, I look at the mirror to see my work, my hair is really short but still fine.

I need to get some aspirin for my headache, I have like an hour and thirty minutes to get ready before my dads driver comes. I quickly rush to the bathroom to shower, I didn't waste time in the bathroom cos am out in no time.My phone ,I grabbed it, Wow, 120 missed calls from Eva and 5 text messages from Eva, I don't bother to read it. And 5 missed calls from Lester and one message from Lester.

I open Lester's message :
Hi Sam
Didn't see you in school today, hope your good?
I smile at his message and type back

Am fine Lester, thanks for checking up on me

I contemplated on either getting something to eat or just stay in here until it's time to leave for the dinner with my grand parents. My phone beeps, it's a message from Lester, I open it

Glad to hear from you
Got plans tonight?

I reply him 'yes'
I started towards my wardrobe, glancing through it, looking for what to wear when my phone beeps again. It's a message from Lester,

So what are your plans

Meeting my grandparents, they wanna see me

Hmm, I think it's gonna be boring

Yeah, my dad's gonna be there with me so I think it's gonna be a little bearable

I could go with you, you know. Although I have a party to attend, it's Alicia's birthday party so I actually wanted you to come with me.

I frown at his message and just reply 'okay' with that I drop my phone and concentrate on what to wear. I brought out a black off shoulder dress, it's just a plain gown but okay. My phone beeps , it's a message from Lester

What about tomorrow, really wanna see you babe.

Really!! Babe, did Lester just call me babe. But am too excited that I didn't notice that my mom has been knocking on my door
"Sam!!! Are you gonna pretend you didn't hear me knocking " Finally am gonna conclude that this woman doesn't love me because I have given her too many chances to give me benefit of doubt. I just stared at her because apparently I have nothing to say to her because she's a horrible person and don't deserve to be a mother
" Sam... hmmm" say what you wanna say woman, I don't think I can stand her because seeing her alone makes me wanna cry.

She entered my room, shutting the door behind her. I took a step back, God!! What is it this time
"Am so sorry about your hair Sam, I know you are angry right now but please consider Alie" Jess is really good at acting , trying to be emotional when she beckoned Alicia to cut my hair.
Am not angry anymore but am just shocked that the woman I loved with everything would treat me this way
" You are such a pathetic vile creature " I didn't know how those words came out from my mouth but it felt good because Jess couldn't say anything. She stood there staring at me in a way that could kill me if it was possible. I stared at her back with so much boldness, the vibration of my phone brought us out of the ecstatic state we where into.
I quickly check my phone and it's my dad calling me, I quickly answer the call
" Hey Dad" Seeing that Jess doesn't want to leave, I walk towards my toilet leaving her all alone.
" Sam , my driver should be in your house in 5 minutes, hope you are set ? "
The sound of my door banging close made me realize that Jess has left the room, what a pathetic human!!
" Yes dad, I will be out in 5 minutes "
Seeing that I have just 5 minutes, I rush to my tiny wardrobe and bring out the dress I planned on wearing. My dad ended the call with a 'see you soon' .

5 minutes later
Immediately I step out of my room, the loud banging music made me remember its Alicia's birthday party. I don't waste time because am already running outside to avoid horny teenagers.
" Sammy!!"
That's Lester's voice, what is he doing here ? Oh Alicia's birthday, I keep forgetting.
I turned to his direction, Lester is so cute but why will one person be this beautiful. Am blushing right now because am just staring at Lester, biting my lips same time.
"What are you doing here ? You are supposed to be with your grand parents right?"
He moves closer to me, he then realizes that my hair is shorter. He frowns at me
" what happened to your hair Sam?"
I need Eva right now because I can't say anything, I couldn't look at him. I guess am too ashamed to speak . My dads car horn made me realize I need to be somewhere this moment
"I have to go now les, I can't talk now because am in hurry" Lester quickly holds my right hand, my God!! It felt so good, I wanted us to stay like this but I have to go.

" promise me that you are going to talk to me ?" He pleads with me with a sad face, I just couldn't resist him because he's so angelic . I nodded at him as a sign that I will talk to him , he let go of my hand . I felt like staying with Lester but I ran quickly to the car, I took the passenger sit, Lester was everywhere in my head . I stared at him through the window while he stood at the door way of my house staring back at me.

"Good evening ma'm "
That's my dad's driver Mc Moses, he should be in his early 40s, am not in the mood to chat with Mc Moses.
"Evening Mc Moses, how many minutes drive to my grandparents house?" I ask him
" 30 minutes ma'm" he smiles at me through the windscreen mirror.

****

Thank y'all for your patience
Am back fully to continue Simplistic Sam
I hope you enjoy it
Thank you all
Xoxo ❤️