chapter 3

My alarm wakes me up, I manage to get up because Eva is picking me up today so I have to get ready and wait for her. I glance through my wardrobe for something nice because I don't want Alicia ranting about my dressing incapability. So am gonna wear a black skinny jean and a green long-sleeved shirt with Mickey Mouse stamp on it. I look at my self on my vanity mirror, I smiled at my self feeling proud of my self and I head to the kitchen for breakfast.

I meet my mom and Alicia seating down and eating, they look so happy talking. Well am gonna ruin that for them. I sit down and drop my bag on the floor and I realized I have to serve my self,i got up but my mom beat me to it.

" I will get it for you Sam, just sit" she serves my breakfast for me with a fake smile on her face.

This is strange, why are they smiling at me, I start to eat my food because Eva will be here soon. I eat my pancakes and concentrate on my phone like they are not existing.

So who's gonna speak first, Alicia no my mom and I was right. " Sam, hmm your dad called me yesterday and he wants you go to dinner with your grand parents and some family friends "I raised my head up, looking at both of them, they stopped eating since I walked in.

" Yea, I know, any thing wrong with me meeting my grand parents " I shrugged it off and face my food, I can't wait to get out of here, these two people just can't make life easier for me. I get up and carry my bag
"hmm, am off to school " I nod to both of them

Mom and Alicia stands up same time looking at me.
This is strange, " I could drop you off school today, you know " that's Alicia talking " But not really close to school because I... I.... Hmmmm" my Mom takes over from Alicia " well Alicia could drop you off today "

I wanted to laugh at them because I know what they want " no thanks Alicia, Eva is out side already " that's a lie, I rather walk than go to school with Alicia, never.

OK, spill
My mom moves closer to me, touching my hair "I need your help Sam"
I move away from her, can't let Lucifer touch me
"how can I help you mom" I look at her boldly. She tries to talk but stamars. I feel like laughing, this is so funny. "mom, I have just 25 minutes to get to school "
I have to go before I laugh in their presence

"Well honey, you see ,you know your grandparents are rich and you have a trust fund waiting for you when you are 18 and Alicia your sister doesn't have. She has to go to college and only you can help her honey"

I knew it, my trust fund, she's right my grandparents are rich. I just can't wait to for 18 to come, let me fucking leave this horrid place I call home.
"how do I do that because it's when I become 18 I can have right to my trust fund"

"well you can, you can just beg your grandma and your dad, they can help you. Do it at the dinner honey, can't you help Ali for once"

"I can't, am sorry "
I don't wait for her to reply me because I am already out of the house.
I release a sigh of relief, I walk to the parking lot spotting Eva's car, I climb into it

" what is it Sam" she looks at me with concern
"Am fine, what? Stop looking at me like that, I don't like it when people look at me like there's something wrong with me "
She starts the car "I just feel you had a fight with your mom but you look happy, spill it now"
I laugh at her "well Jess wants my trust fund for Alicia's college expenses "
She looks at me with shock and open her mouth to talk but nothing comes out. "that's it Eva"
" Your mom is, I don't know how to describe her, so are you gonna do it "

I look at her confused "I can't Eva because it's the first time am meeting my grand parents, I can't beg them money" I don't ask my dad for money, I don't want someone feeling like am after their money because that's what my dads wife Cecily thinks about me and my mom. It could be through about my mom but not through about me.
" Alright girl , they don't deserve it anyway "
We laugh together loudly

*****

Standing at my locker, looking for my chem text book when I feel some one touch my shoulder. I turn only to realize its Lester. OMG, you know the usual staring starts. I don't understand why I can't talk when he's around me.
He smiles at me, OMG "hmm, hi" he just talked to me and I can't even say anything, my mouth is locked I can't talk.
He smiles at me again but this time with his killer smile, I still didn't say anything "You don't talk? what's your name beautiful "
Wow, he called me beautiful, am red right now so red

"She talks" and that's Eva, thanks Eva for saving me
"well she's been quiet since and just stand here staring at me "
Well that's because I like you idiot.
Eva smiles at me and hang her arm around my shoulders
"well, am Eva and she's Samaria but you can her Sam or Maria "
" Don't call me Maria, it's sam" i dropped my head down looking at my shoe like its the only thing that matters right now.
He clears his throat "okay Sam, Am Lester"
I already know, I nod my head to him
" so Sam, I wanna talk to you about something"
I answer quickly with my eyes popped out "what? "
" hmm, after school we meet at McDonald's and then I can tell you"
I glanced at Eva, she is smiling at me
"okay then " he smiles at me and walks away
"that was great Sam, am so happy for you sammy"
I remove her hands from my shoulder, "it's isn't Sammy Eva, you keep calling me different names, ughhhhh "
"am sorry sammy"
We laugh together and head to our next class.

Thanks again guys
Please don't forget to vote
Xoxo💝