Pac-Man

NATALIE WHITMORE was never the girl to go out to parties and get drunk

NATALIE WHITMORE was never the girl to go out to parties and get drunk. Well, she used to be until the summer of '89.

She decided, it would be best to leave out her small apartment at 7:49 PM.

The girl opened up the creaky wooden door and walked swiftly down the building's  hallways.

She stepped out onto the sidewalk, that was cracked and imperfect like an old porcelain doll.

Her chestnut brown hair occasionally got stuck in her pink tinted lipgloss.

Eventually, she got down her street and started walking down Orchard Avenue.

The girl noticed little details in the small town, like how there were many potholes in the street or the numerous amounts of bikes left out on people's lawns.

She swiped all those thoughts off her mind and grinned, as she saw the neon lights coming from the open arcade.

She pulled out some change from her jean pocket, while walking towards a classic arcade game.

The words " PAC-MAN ", illuminated brightly on the games screen.

The girl pushed in three quarters and began to play the game, groaning every time she lost.

Natalie's face fell when she reached into her pocket and felt it was empty.

" are you freakin' kidding me?" She whined when she couldn't find any spare change.

" I could've beaten my high score with one more try, I'm sure," the girl mumbled to herself.

" looks like you need some change," a man's voice said to Natalie.

She recognized the voice, as the boy who she hated with all her cold heart.

"Parker, leave me alone," the girl said, not bothering to look up at the boy.

" aw, c'mon Natty bear , don't be rude," he mocked while he pouted his lower lip.

" Malachai, leave me alone," she said as she finally looked up at him with a glare and took her hand out of her pocket.

" ugh, you're no fun, Natalie Whitmore," Malachai said before walking away, out the arcade's glass doors.

" what a jerk," Natalie exclaimed before she, too, walked out the glass doors, but in the opposite direction of Malachai.