Raindrops on the windowsill

NATALIE HAD gotten home to her sad small apartment, in Portland

She decided it was best to just turn on the tv and order a pizza.

Natalie was just finished putting on some sweats and tank top, when she heard a knock on the door.

She payed for the pizza and set the box down on the small table in front of the tv.

Some romantic movie had turned on and echoed into the ears of the girl, with the void forest green eyes.

" I love you, Richard," the woman with the blonde hair and nice voice told the man.

" I love you too, Darling," the man declared to the woman, before briefly pausing.

" but I must go and save America," the man kissed the woman and started to walk away.

" what a twat," Natalie exclaimed as she threw a pepperoni at the tv, knowing she'd have to pick it up later.

She took a huge bite out of the pizza, when a familiar scene came on.

"Richard, wait," the woman said as he stood in the doorway, facing the blonde.

This particular scene reminded her of May 10th, 1989.

When she and Kai had gotten into a heated argument.

When she left him on the doorway of her small house.

When she had last talked to her sister, over the phone.

When she said she hated her and hanged up.

When he stared at the wooden door for minutes, until she finally opened it and forgave him.

She wanted- no needed to talk to the boy, with the chestnut brown hair and dark blue-grey eyes.

So she decided that tomorrow, at exactly 7:49 PM, she would make a trip to the arcade with the glass doors.

To go see the boy she longed for, because the girl knew he was the only one who could comfort her.

He always really was the one, but she didn't focus on him so much.

~~~~~

Kai was laying down, silently on his bed.

His mind was racing and he couldn't catch any thoughts, except one.