Diner

NATALIE WALKED into the small diner, taking in the smell of coffee and bacon

The chatter of many different people filled her ears and distracted her for just a minute.

Kai held a small grin on his face, as he saw the small yellow dress that fit her perfectly and her noir flats.

Her chestnut brown hair was neatly tied into a ponytail with a black scrunchie.

Her forest green eyes lit up as she connected with his dark stormy blue eyes.

The sun was eclipsing half of his face and made his dark blue eyes a little lighter.

She was entranced, so entranced that she didn't realize she was standing in the middle of the door way.

" hey lady, move," a husky voice rang through snapping her out of her day dream.

" oh I'm so sorry, sir," Natalie stepped aside and started walking towards Kai.

" hiya, Natty bear," Kai's voice reminded her of smooth melted chocolate.

" hiya, Kai," a grin reached her face, making her freckled cheeks go up even higher.

She sat down in her seat and picked up the menu.

" why do you still look at the menu?" Kai said before sipping his cup of hot chocolate.

" hmm?" Natalie said confused, which was immediately evident to Kai.

When Natalie was confused she would raise left eyebrow and she would squint her forest green eyes.

" you always get the same thing: bacon, eggs, and waffles," Kai listed her order that he remembered from years ago.

Natalie slowly put down her menu and began to giggle, which then confused Kai.

" what?" He asked while scooting forward in his booth seat.

" it's nothing, you're just a big fat creep," Natalie let a small laugh out once again.

He got even more confused and Natalie stopped laughing to admire him.

When Kai was confused he would furrow his eyebrows and look down.

His eyes would dart around, while he tried to understand something.

To her, it was cute.

But he finally caught onto the joke, and laughed to himself.