Feelings are for the weak

MALACHAI PARKER cared about two things, magic and Natalie Whitmore

He had a huge infatuation for the girl with the forest green eyes.

Maybe it was because she was the only one who understood him and defended him his whole life.

Natalie Whitmore never thought of Kai as an abomination.

She never made fun of him for who he was and how he acted.

She helped him when he was confused or angry about something he couldn't seem to fix.

Even, if it was just a small button on his shirt or if he didn't know what to say to his father.

That's what Malachai Parker loved about Natalie Whitmore, that no matter what she always seemed to be there with the correct words and attitude.

But, after her 17th birthday, Natalie Whitmore changed and Malachai Parker hated it.

The girl became cold and showed no emotion in her forest green eyes.

They seemed to resemble an abandoned forest, after she left them void of feelings.

Natalie Whitmore couldn't deny that she, too, had an infatuation for the anti-social, lanky boy.

But, she stopped worrying about boys and her friends, because of something called "trauma."

Natalie decided it was best to not speak to them, because they were too occupied with themselves.

Malachai was guilty of that, in some ways.

He was more focused on this whole merge plan thing with his sister.

Natalie didn't know about witches or anything, but knew the rivalry between Malachai and his family.

Natalie didn't want to drag them down into her dark pit, so she stopped talking to them and began to push everyone away.

The girl regretted her last words to her sister, and she would do anything to take back those venom laced words towards lily.

~~~~~~

" you just gonna ignore the boy hanging out on the doorstep? I'm not coming in until you open the door and talk to him," lily chuckled at the young conflicted teenager.

" ugh, I hate you, lils," Natalie hanged up the phone and set it down.

~~~~~~