Sunflower

KAI HAD asked Natalie, if she would like to go to dinner with him

Of course, Natalie had said yes and picked out her outfit the night before.

She decided she would wear her old noir kitten heels, that seemed to look like she got them just a day ago.

She fitted on a slim yellow dress that hugged her thin body.

Her sister had bought her this one day for her 16th birthday, the year they moved to Portland.

~~~~~~

Natalie stood in the mirror of the small changing room, looking at the dress that was fitted around her slim body.

She hated it, the color was a dark purple and didn't make her skin tone pop out, as she thought it would.

" Lils, help, get me another dress," Natalie yelled slightly over the changing room door.

" okay," it took a few minutes, but Lils knocked on the door.

When, Natalie opened the door and saw the dress Lils held proudly in her hands, she gasped.

It was beautiful yet simple, and was a sunflower yellow.

" gosh, it looks beautiful," Natalie's soft voice rang out, she was extremely pleased with the dress.

" well, what are you waiting for, tally? Put it on already," she shoved the dress in Natalie's hands jokingly and closed the door with a playful smile on her face.

Natalie looked at the dress, yet again.

She admired its simple beauty, before peeling the purple dress off and putting the sunflower dress on.

It didn't even fit her, surely she would have to grow into it.

Nonetheless, Natalie still walked out the changing room with the sunflower dress in her hand and a huge grin on her face.

" I'll have to grow into it, but I can't bear to leave it here," she exclaimed to Lils, who shook her head and chuckled.

" why don't you get a smaller size, weirdo?" this puzzled Natalie, why didn't she just get a bigger size?

" I think, I just want it to last longer I guess," no other words were exchanged between the two and they both bought two dresses that day.

~~~~~

Natalie missed her dear sister and wished to one day see her, again.

Even if it was for just a second, because she missed her.

The girl who was always quick to defend her in any situation, even if she were wrong.

She missed Lily Whitmore, and would give anything for her to come back.

But she was dead and gone.

Rotting in a coffin and left all alone.

It had been years since Natalie had visited her grave and thinking about it made her guilty.

The roses that she left by her grave two years earlier were long gone and probably hadn't been replaced.

Her parents were too busy getting a divorce to care much about visiting Natalie or her dead sister.

Natalie prayed that when she died, she wouldn't be forgotten and left alone.

Just like Lily, who had only 1 or 2 college friends who visited her every couple months or more.

Natalie knew it was inevitable and that she would be forgotten.

Natalie was snapped out of her thoughts, quickly.

She looked away from the sunflower dress, while warm tears stung her eyes and warmed her cheeks.

~~~~~~~

Currently, Kai Parker was listening to an old song and dancing around his room.

He was actually celebrating his date with Natalie.

"All my life I'm looking for the magic
I've been looking for the magic
Fantasize on a silly little tragic
I've been looking for the magic
In my eyes
Oh, oh, oh, I'm
Looking for the magic in my eyes
In my eyes
Baby in my eyes"

He sang loudly, since his family wasn't home to scold him.

They had left him all alone in his room, while they went out to have dinner.

He hated being excluded, but he would just have to deal with it.

He pushed this thought away and continued to think about Natalie.

This all reminded him of the night of Natalie's 16th birthday.

~~~~~~~~

Malachai sat down on his bed, thinking about the girl with the pink flyer.

Natalie Whitmore, what a peculiar name for such a beautiful girl.

Why was he thinking of her?

He held the crumpled pink paper in his hands, and read all the info.

He had to go, and get to know the mysterious green eyed girl.

She was the only person who was nice to him in school and didn't judge him.

What if this is all a big setup?

What if he gets humiliated and it was just a prank to lure him to a party?

He didn't care about that, as he slipped on his small jacket over his rainbow shirt.

>>>>>>>

Author's Note

Hello, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and the previous chapters.

I have so much ideas for this book, and I'm excited to show them to the audience.

Anyways, this chapter had about 800 words.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the book and the rest of your day.

Goodbye.