The Lost One

He had gotten good at playing land of evil. Once he figured out that elves have a greater spell power than most he upgraded to max spell level. He was more powerful than my hero character who was extremely powerful. The land of magic was eighties style so it was pixelated but still looked really cool. We were playing still when the power went out. The power outage surprised Charles a lot dew to never having been in one before. So he made a little squeak. "You really do sound like a girl."

"Shut up." The rain outside had caused the power box to short out. "You've never had a power outage before?" I heard a thud followed by an ow. I went and got a flashlight from my desk which I have just for emergencies. I turned it on and found Charles had tripped over one of the oversized bean bags in my room and was face down in it. I laughed. He was struggling to get out of it. "How do you get off theses things?"

"Try to roll off' he did. When he got up he brushed off his skirt and said "What happened?" I walked over. "It's a power outage and i'm not sure what caused it. We won't know for a bit. I think we have some candles in one of the closets." then my door opened and in came Paul, he shined a flashlight in your faces. "Hey you ok? Heard a thud did you trip?" I almost said that it was Charles who fell but it's hard to remember that i'm the only one who can see him. "Ya i'm fine." he looked around. "Well i'm going to try to find the problem don't know how long it will take to find it so i'm going to go and get started. Bye." he ducked out of my room and heard his rushed footsteps reseed. "Well we should go and try to find some candles and put them back in hear."

"Ok. Should we split up and come back once we find some?"

"That's a good idea. If you don't find one within an half hour come back," I went left he went right. I had to check four closets before I found any and I had to go and find a lighter as well. I had only found five candles and I thought that it would be smart to only use one at a time. So I sat there with my one candle for forty minutes. It had taken me twenty to find the candles and the lighter. He still hasn't come back after ten past the agreed time. I got worried so I went out to look for him. I went past my father's room and past his office. I went to the dining hall, gym room, living room, sun room, study, and even to my mother's room. My mother's room was actually a shrine in the middle of the room and it had pictures of her with flowers and all sorts of her stuff. Charles wasn't there. He must have gotten lost. This is a big house. The only reason I found him was the glow. He was by the basement. Glowing. By glowing I mean he was physically glowing, like a glow stick or something. He was just frantically walking around trying to find his way back. "Charles." He turned around and ran over to me. He looked relieved to see me. "Alexander why is your house so big? And i found some candles," he had found six candles. "Ok but the more important question why are you glowing? I don't think that's a normal thing that happens to people."

"Oh sometimes when I get nervous or scared I glow. My soul glows and that's all I am. It can happen during the day too but it's harder tell. It actually happens to everyone but you can't see it because of your skin." I just stared he was still glowing brightly. "That's why some people see ghosts it's just people who can't part them self from there home." that makes sense actually. Right then one of the maids turned the corner and saw the glowing Charles, screamed then fainted. "Um Charles you go in here until I come back to get you ok?" then I opened the door to basement and lightly pushed him in before he could protest. Right as I closed the door I went over to the maid, Bina, right when Bernadette came around the corner. "Good heavens what happened Alex?"

"Well I was going to see if there were any candles in the basement and I opened the door and Bina came around the corner and screamed then fainted." she was starting to wake up now. " I... I thought I saw a ghost right in front of you Alex." I pretended to looked shocked. "You think this house is haunted? My father built this house for my mother before they got married." I helped her get up. Then Bernadette asked "Did you see Her?" by her she meant my mother. "No but I did see a girl with a skirt on without shoes and short hair." I was really close to laughing and had to suppress a grin. "Well I should go back to work and so should you Brina."