Birthday Poem From Charles

When we were called to dinner we were both sweating. I had the upper hand at one point but he got me still. When we finished me and Charles went upstairs and went to bed after reading a bit. Luckily I had no dreams that night. So no waking up and being worried. But when I woke up Charles wasn't there instead on the couch was a note.

Alex don't worry I just have to go take care of something. I'll see you after work i'm sorry that I can't come today but I promise that I will see you then. Heave fun!

~Charles

At least I don't need to worry. But I wonder what he had to take care of. He normally does not have work to do even when i'm here. He probably still hears the prayers so maybe he had to go take care of one. I hope he doesn't have to leave for to long. So I got a shirt on and then went down stairs to the kitchen. "Is he changing again?" I shook my head and replied. "No he had to go take care of something but I will see him after work. If he comes tell him I said good morning." Paul said yes while I got an apple then left. I woke up early so I just ate and went outside. I hadn't visited my mom in a long time so I went to go talk to her to tell her all of what's happening. I walked out and went to the hill and when I got to the top Charles was kneeling right in front of her. "Charles?"

"Shhh. He's in a meeting." I looked behind me and out under the tree leaning up against the tree was Leo. I went over to him and whispered. "Who is he in a meeting with?" Leo motioned for me to follow him and I did. "My father. The soul keeper and defender." that surprised me. "Why does he need to talk to him?" Leo sighed then said, "I can't tell you and don't you want to see your friends early?" I looked at my watch and I knew that Vincent would be at the dojo. "I suppose but when he's done tell him I said hi." he said he will, so I went to the car. Bernadette was already in the car so when I got in she looked slightly confused. "Isn't Charles coming along with you?"

"No he has something to do today." she looked like she knew even less than I did. "Is it because it's your birthday?" I hadn't thought of that. "I don't think so. He's talking to his bosses father." she looked confused but I spared her the long conversation on how that works. When we got to the dojo the moment I walked in I was grateful for padded floors. Vincent tackled me. "OW! Vincent could you not?"

"Nope you didn't tell me that you got a job and that you were with Charles when he woke up!" he helped me up and we went to the locker room. "Anyway have you told him yet?" I shook my head and he looked disappointed but then perked up. "Oh I have something for you give me a sec." he went to his locker and got a small gift bag out. "Happy birthday from me and George." he handed me the bag and I looked inside. I pulled two little painted figures. "You made these?" they were from Victorian murder the two main characters. "As well as we could anyway. You like them?"

"Of course their amazing thank you!" I put it in my locker then got my uniform on then practiced. When I got to work they asked me the same question that Bernadette did and I told them the same thing, then for lunch they took me to a nice italian restaurant to celebrate my birthday. On the way home I went to the flower shop and bought the smallest of blue rose bushes in a small pot for Charles. Sense I can't put them in his home town I can give them to him here. I didn't care that I was turning sixteen the only thing that I cared about was these roses for him. When I walked in I called to the whole house saying that I was home and Charles came running down the stairs. "Alex!"

"Hey what have you been up to?"

"Nothing much how was you day?" I took out the roses and handed them to him and he gasped. "You didn't have to do that." he took them and brought them up to his face. "Thank you."

"Your welcome." he went and put them down and then came back over. "Close your eyes and hold out your hand." I sighed, "Charles you didn't have to."