The Sick One

The next morning Bernadette came and woke me up so I could get ready for my interview early even though it was not until eleven and it's only seven thirty. So I got up and picked out my nicest set of summer cloths. Some nice jean shorts and a blue t-shirt. Charles must be staying up late he sleeps in even though he needs less sleep than me. So I went over to to him and shook his arm. "Charles wake up." He curled up and mumbled something I couldn't understand so I keeled down to hear. "Leave him be... stop... don't." Sounds like a bad dream so I shook his arm some more. "Charles!" He woke up with a start. "Hey were you having a bad dream? You were mumbling."

"Yes but it's gone now so I feel better." He got up and staggered a bit as if he was going to fall. "You not ok just sit back down." He he came back to the couch and he seemed I don't know distant. I put my hand on his forearm and he felt hot. "It think you have a fever. Can you get sick when your dead?" He was also breathing slowly trying to get his breath. "Yes. I think it might be space flu you... you can get it if you are just a soul it's much harder to get when you are alive." he was getting hotter. "How do you get rid of it?" he was starting to sweat. "You have to wait... wait it out."

"How long could that take?" he had to think for a long time. "Possibly a month or a week. It... it depends." I went and got a washcloth wet to cool him down with. "Is there a way to get it to go away faster?" he shook his head and put the washcloth on his forehead. "Should we call Leo? He might not know what to do." he pointed to the coffee table and the stones were next to his crown. "So how do I call him?" Charles heald out his hand. "I can do it." i handed them to him and he threw them up in the air and formed Leo's constellation with Leo in the middle. "Hey what's you two we talked last night." he looked past me and at Charles. "What happened?"

"Charles thinks he has space flu." Leo gasped and then started to climb out of the screen thing. Then he just popped out and shouted through the screen "Hey i'm going for a bit!" then the stones fell. "How did you get that!?" Charles just shrugged. "Dammit Charles I told you to be careful around others. You know that sense your soul is older you are more vulnerable to things like that." he told me to go and get him some water if I was able. Luckily I keep a glass of water in the bathroom. So I filled it up and gave it to Charles. He siped it just a bit then groaned. "What exactly does space flu do to someone?" Charles looked as if he was in a lot of pain. "Well space flu makes it so you are in a lot of pain and it makes you extremely weak extremely fast. The symptoms occur within twenty four hours. So even though he's just a soul he will now need to eat a bit due to that. He also will have a harder time doing things but you don't need to baby him all that much. I can call up my friends and we can have them take a look at him but I don't think that they will want to meet you they prefer not to know that many people so i'm going to use your backlony and i'll be back in a moment. He stepped out and I turned my attention back to Charles. "Hey is there anything I can get you?" he shook his head and laid down on his side even though his feet were still on the ground. "Just don't worry." he smiled through the pain. I was going to put my hand on his shoulder and tell him that I won't but if he's in pain then I won't touch him. "I can't promise that after all you mean a lot to me so I feel bad and somehow responsible for you getting sick."

"It's... it's not your fault some other old soul or the thing might have gone to that place as well." Leo walked back in and came over. "Hey i've got Night and Gem coming over so they can ease the pain and how come your symptoms have worsened so quickly? Charles chuckled. "I easily got sick as a child." Leo nodded. "Well they should be here. Alex could you go and eat while they are here they say they would like to keep their identities secret." I said sure then walked out. I went down to the kitchen and Paul came over and slapped me on the back. Hard. "Ow! Paul what the heck?" he just smiled and went back to what he was doing. "Oh nothing I just think that your lucky."