Back to the Burrow

Ron flew back into a sitting position the second he heard it. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. No ghost in sight. Maybe he dreamed of seeing Snape. Getting to his feet he walked to the kitchen and the china still lay there. "Repairo." The glass flew up and pieced itself back together and all by itself hung  back on the wall as if nothing happened.

Turning back around he came face to face with another being. It was a little boy no older than Hugo. He seemed a bit nervous and scared. "A-are you m-m-my past?" Ron stuttered for a reason he did not know. The boy was draped in black while radiating cold air, sending shivers up Ron's spine. 

"Yes." The ghost said almost in a whisper. 

"What are you going to do to me?"

The boy did not answer. He thrust his arm out at Ron signaling him to grab it. 

"Why?" Again he did not answer but signaled Ron to grab it.

Ron glanced around him as if making sure no one was watching him. Ron slowly brought his hand up and touched the boy's arm. It was solid and cold.

His past nodded and suddenly everything around him started to disappear into blankness. It wasn't like disapparating at all. It was light as though drifting in and out of sleep. After a few seconds he was standing in the burrow. It was a little different though. All the furniture seeming slightly newer and some a little different and different décor.

But the biggest difference was the people. Everyone was a lot younger. Molly sat on the couch with a toddler aged Ginny next to her. In front of them two twin boys with ginger hair sat on the floor with little play flying broomsticks. They floated a few inches off the ground and the boys led them around by the play wand.

On the chair sat a younger Percy with one of Charlie's old books from the year before. "What's going on Past?" Ron asked trying to make sense of the situation.

All he did for an answer was hold up his pointer finger in the air saying "Wait a minute."

For a little longer they just stood there looking at everyone going along with what they were doing when above them you could hear someone running down the stairs. It got louder the closer the steps got. Finally a little ginger haired boy reached the bottom "Mum! Mum! Guess what I just did?" The younger Ron squealed running up to Molly.

"What did you do Ron?" She asked monotonously as though this bored her. He had probably done this a lot and nothing was much of anything as spectacular as he had instated that it would be.

"I taught Scabbers how to fetch!" Ron said enthusiastically.

"Oh, that's interesting. "

Percy looked up from the book that his nose was stuffed into. "Ronald." Was all he said to cause Ron's head to quickly swivel in his direction.

"What?" Ron looked innocent. As innocent as any six year old at the time.

"Give me my rat."

"Why?"

"Because you never asked for permission to take him out of the cage."

"He gets lonely all locked up in his cage. You never let him out."

Molly turned her attention back to Ron for a second. "Ron, give your brother back his pet and say sorry."

"But, mum, don't you want to see the trick?"

"No. Now give Percy back his rat and say sorry."

"Fine." Ron took the rat from behind his back and made his apologies then sat on the floor in front of the fire and stared at it for a long time.

Older Ron turned back to his ghost. "Why did you show me this?" Past just shook his head and put his arm out again for Ron to grab.