The Muggle

"You know I was thinking," The odd man started setting down the book he was reading. He was a nice looking man, strong build, brown hair, square jaw, muggle.

        "Oh, were you? Now, what were you thinking?" Hermione retorted setting her book down as well. Ron caught the name on the cover before she closed it: Hogwarts: a History.

        "I was thinking that we get a dog or some kind of pet. I know you were talking about that cat you used to have, Crooked Fangs, or something. What do you think? Us having a pet together?" He asked with a big flashy smile on his face the whole time. Ron wondered how he could smile that big and talk at the same time.

        "It's Crookshanks, and I am not a big dog person at all. I've been scared since I was a kid. It's kind of evolved over the years." Hermione said giggling slightly but he could tell she was hiding something from him. And at that he suddenly had visions of Fluffy, Sirius pulling him to the whomping willow in the middle of the night and Lupin turning into a werewolf flash through his mind.

        "Well there are other types of animals we could get that aren't dogs. We could get hamsters, fish, snakes-"

        "No!" Hermione cut him off right at the word snake. "No snake!"

        "Okay... well, what about a bird?"

        "Umm..." At that there was a pecking coming from the kitchen. Hermione sat straighter and stood up. "Eddie, I am going to go check on dinner. I'll be back in a few minutes."

        "It doesn't take a few minutes to che-" She didn't let him finish and just speed walked out of the living room fast. Ron followed her around the corner into the nice granite kitchen. Sitting on the window ledge was a beautiful brown owl. She looked like Pig a bit, but was younger and somehow seemed more majestic.

        Hermione unlatched the window doors and pulled them open allowing the young peaceful owl to fly through into the kitchen perching herself on the countertops. Tied to her ankle was a manila envelope with Hermione's name written on the back.

        "Winnie, what are you doing here?" Hermione whisper screamed trying to untie the knot. "I told everyone to not owl me when Eddie is here! I haven't told him yet!"

        The owl hooted in response to her. "Shh!" She hissed looking at the doorway hoping Eddie can't hear her affair with Winnie from the living room.

        "Hermione! Love? Are you okay in there?" the man yelled from the direction of the living room.

        "Yeah, I am fine! Just give me a minute!" Hermione yelled back and then went back to the knot. After a few seconds she got it and took the envelope.

        While she ripped it open Ron stepped closer to her so he could read it as well. "Dear Hermione," She began, whispering it to herself. "I am sorry to bother you at this time, I know what you said about Eddie, but this is urgent. I don't even expect you to attend but Ron, he has died. He killed himself. From the scene it appears he shot an explosion spell at the wall and flew through another.

        "I felt the need to let you know and I hope you will tell the kids as well, I don't think I can bear writing this down again. Anyway I hope you will at least pay me a visit one day in the future. Love, Molly Weasley." The paper was tear stained and kind of difficult to decipher what it said. Hermione then gave Winnie a cracker and sent her back to the Weasley residence.

        She folded the letter and stuffed it into her pocket and walked back to Eddie.

        Ron followed. "How's the food?" He asked pulling her by her hand back down onto the couch.