Dancing In the Sunrise

"I don't know he's been asleep for hours and he won't wake up. I think he was drinking again... Yeah I know. I'm just waiting for it to wear off and him to wake up... Well what am I supposed to do? Trust me; no magic can fix this... I have to go too. Bye Gin!" This soothing voice was the first thing Ron heard as he fluttered his eyelids open and notice that he had not been moved and that Hermione sat on a chair staring out of the big window looking out to the big front yard and field that stretched out in the front of their house.

"Hermione..." He groggily uttered slowly sitting up.

Hermione jumped at the sound of someone else's voice in the room. "Ron, you're finally awake. Were you drinking again last night?"

"No. Probably just sleep walking. Were you sitting up waiting for me?" He ran his hand through his hair.

"Yeah. Since you're okay, can you run some errands? I need you to head out to Diagon Alley to pick up some more parchment and quills." She stood up from her seat and just looked to Ron.

"Can we talk?" He rolled his neck cracking it.

"Can you go to Diagon Alley and pick up my parchment and quills?" She tensed and breathed in and out, calming herself.

"I will. After we talk." He put his hands on the ground and pushed himself up to standing.

"Ron. You have been sleeping all morning, can you just go?" She had an urge to hit him, but she didn't know why.

"I'll go wherever you want me." He held his hand out for her to take. She hesitated, but after a second of staring took it.

He lightly held it and led her to the couch sitting down and pulling her down with him. Ron felt warmness and sparks running through his hand and didn't want to let go. He never wanted to let go.

When they were young he always felt like an old cliché. But he always remembered through his thoughts that, 'Even though the best has already been done, it will be better when you do it.' Some would say it made him egotistical but he always thought it gave him more of an urge to go as far out as he could for her.

Today, Ron wanted to try to be that loyal, cliché, joking, happy, husband again. He wanted to be him forever. Yet, Ron couldn't think of what made him the way he actually is. He kept thinking back to his future, what was he feeling that whole time?

"So what do you want to talk about Ron?" She questioned repositioning herself on the couch but not letting go of his hand either.

"I had a dream last night."

"Oh... What was it about?"

"You... and me. I had done a really bad thing and you were with some muggle and I was watching over you. And by the end of the dream you were all alone and so was I, and I wasn't there for you, I couldn't be there for you. And I knew somehow that it was my future and that one day no matter how much you hate me, you would need me there. And that I wouldn't be able to be there for you.

"And that scares me... The fact that no matter how much I wish that you and me are going to work out, if I carry on depressed and never being around that one day I will not be here for you. I have already lost my brother, my daughter, my best friend – I do not want to lose you or the kids. But I want you to be happy.

"I guess, what I want to say is that I am sorry, I love you, and that whatever you want from me I will oblige to. If you want me to never leave this house again. Okay. If you want me to agree for divorce. Okay. You want me to leave you and the kids' life forever. Okay. I just want to make you happy. That's all I want."

"What did you do?" She looked down at their hands. Her mind raced with what he said. He couldn't come to me?

"I – well I committed suicide..." He watched her looking down at their intertwined hands and the look of concentration etched on her face that she always had while reading. Analyzing.

"So, I leave you?"

"Not if I can help it." He took his free hand and laid it on top of theirs. "I flirted with Padma yesterday." Ron couldn't believe that was only the day before. So much had happened to him last night that it felt like weeks ago.

"Yeah I know. You don't have to throw it in my face."

"I'm not. I lied to you. And if that's how I am going to go about, well... I don't want to flirt with other women and then come home and lie to my wife about it. That just makes me feel like everything I never wanted to be is who I have become. And I know it is. But I am trying to change that."

"Ron, you are unhappy, and I know that. So I don't want to tell you to be happy and the same again, because you can't. You can't just suddenly be happy and loyal because I told you too. You would never truly be happy."

"Hermione, I want to be happy. I hate this. I hate it. So I will be trying. I am doing this to make both of us happy again. I know you are suffering. And I hate the fact that I did that to you."

"I think your problem is that you hate too much."

"That was a very bad joke 'Mione." Ron hadn't meant to call her that but after all the years it was an instinct. He knew he was stripped of the right the second he began to betray her.

"I know Won – Won." She slightly smiled looking up from their hands into his eyes. He smiled as well.

A song started to play. It was slow. At first Ron and Hermione thought they were both hearing it in their heads. Both looked at each other and said at the same time, "Do you hear that?"

Ron recognized the song very quickly. It was the one they had danced to at their wedding. "Where is that coming from?" Hermione asked looking around.

"I have no idea." He grabbed her hand. "But, can I have this dance?"

"I don't know Ron..."

"Please. I told you I am trying. Now this is our song. We have to." He stood up and didn't let go of her hand and just looked down on his wife.

"Ron..."

"We are dancing." He pulled her up much to her restraint up to her feet. "Do you remember how to or do you want to follow my lead?" He pulled her against his chest and grabbed her wrist leading them around his neck; then wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her tight.

"I know how to dance Ron, I taught you. Remember?" She teased. He began swaying with her in his arms.

"Well, I guess you were a great teacher, because I remembered." He smirked. She smirked.

"Well I guess I am... "

They danced and talked for the next few minutes until the song was over. He held her close and kept his eyes locked on hers, and for those few minutes he totally forgot about the past few years and all on his mind was her. Hermione. And she was all his.

And even though they had a lot ahead of them he somehow knew, that after this he had corrected his future and knew he would be okay.