The Meeting to Fix Things

The room was crowded. Molly and Arthur sat at the head of the room looking droopy. Surrounding them in a circle was a group of people; Harry, Ginny, Bill, Fleur, Charlie, George, Angelina, Percy, Audrey, Neville and Luna. He figured that all the kids were sleeping and this meeting was an all-nighter.

        "George, you see him every day, you work with him. What is he like at work?" Percy asked looking over at his younger brother. George looked uncomfortable even sitting in the room, let alone be questioned. Angelina squeezed his hand reassuringly.

        "Ah!" Fred sighed behind Ron. "It's so nice to see George. I am able to see what I'd look like if I were to get old." Ron ignored them after that, they were cracking up like they have been all night.

        "Well, you know the usual. He flirts with the female customers- But nothing more. He does his work and stays hours later than he needs to and doesn't go home until real late. I mean, he doesn't ever talk about it, but I think he's got problems going on at home."

        "You make it sound like he's a little kid whose parents are always fighting." Neville scoffed.

        "No, I think him and Hermione are always fighting."

        "Okay," Harry sighed, "They are my best friends, they have fought for years and they still managed to fall in love and get married. I think it's rude to be having this meeting at all."

        "I said to invite Hermione." Percy stated matter of factly.

        "If she came, she would just cry. This is about her and her husband." Audrey said looking at him.

        "Okay!" Molly yelled silencing this off topic conversation.

        "Harry?" Bill said looking at him, "Like you said, you're their best friend, what do you think?"

        "I told you, I don't agree with this meeting. It's wrong and going against the two people we care about."

        "We are doing it because we care Harry. They need help."

        "Fine you want my information?" Harry yelled angrily, "Ron and I don't really talk anymore, and Hermione just avoids the topic entirely! So, I am no help to you."

        "Harry- " Ginny began but he silenced her and left. He walked right past where Ron stood and stomped up the stairs like an angry child. Ginny sat back and looked sort of put out and tired but no one else noticed.

        "Okay then, Luna?" Percy asked looking to the blonde girl who still wore radish earrings and loony clothing.

        "Well, I do find that Ron is acting a bit different but I don't really see the problem. You see if this behavior makes him happy" Luna rambled on about how it was just how he had become and they should accept it because they love Ron.

        "Luna," Charlie began, "He is acting like this because he is not happy. He's pushing away his wife, his family, his best friend, he's not happy, how could he be?"

        "Well some people, who have been in troubling and terrifying events, find themselves happier when they are alone. They can try and run from all the memories that way. It's difficult with all the people who were there with him to remind him of it."

        "If only I could run from them..." Ron muttered crossing his arms finding himself getting angry with all the people in the room. They sit here at a late hour making assumptions about how sane he is and if he is a good or bad man.

        "I agree with Charlie." Fleur said sighing. "Ron is a very brave man and has courage. But- he is not strong enough to face all of this alone."

        "May I ask what all of this he his facing?" Neville asked with his face contorted in confusion.

        "Ron was there when Fred died. He saw the dust settle and his lifeless body lying there. Ron didn't want the support of family after the war. I mean he was Harry Potter's best friend, he was constantly pushed to the side, put second, and never fully lived up to the image." Ron balled his hands into fists. "He never lived up to mum's image, especially in the beginning, when she wanted a girl. And Hermione – bright, beautiful, and kind – well I don't even have to say anything about that situation. He got the perfect girl and he goes and messes it up. As always." Bill said. "He doesn't know how to handle all the pain he's been through, he needs help."

        "That right little git." Ron muttered and walked over to where Bill and Fleur were sitting. He stared straight into his brother's eye. He was now listening to Percy talking and couldn't see or hear Ron. Then he raised his hand and swung it. He didn't feel the contact of Bill's face but knew he did when the man cried out in pain.

        "Ron!" He heard Moody yell at him. The laughing had ended. Ron strides over quite happy of his action. Once he was a few feet away the burrow disappeared and suddenly he was back in his living room but his present ghosts still stood there.

        "Do you understand what you just saw?" Fred asked strictly.

        "Yeah. My family being nosy gits, who can't keep their nose out of my life." Ron huffed.

        "If that's what you chose to see. I saw more than half of them uncomfortable answering, and the others determined on making you happy again. Neither is good. Who caused it?" Moody said serious and straight faced for the first time all night.

        "Is that some sort of riddle?"

        "Answer it."

        "I don't know? Percy?

        "You!" Joy piped up gleefully. She had a smile that showed her happiness with answering correctly.

        "Yes Joy." Moody sighed. "You are making your family work their butt off to help you when they don't need to, and you're making them try and fool themselves into thinking you're okay so you won't get mad at them. You're causing them all to go crazy and from my perspective of your actions, you aren't worth it."

        "You sound just as good as Bill when describing me." Ron said crossing his arms.

        "Good. Now stop acting like a baby, we have one more place to go."

        "What?" Ron shouted in fury. "Why did you take me back here then?"

        "You were getting too worked up and not really paying attention to what was happening but rather the fact that others that care about you wanted to help you. And Ron you may not have noticed, but when people do something good for you, you push them away." Fred said.

        "I am not going. I am going back to sleep." As Ron was about to turn around he suddenly was standing up in his old room at the Burrow. It was turned into a storage room once he moved out.

A/N I thought that i had to update in celebration of this wonderful day! September 1st! 23 years since Harry, Ron and Hermione boarded the Hogwarts Express for the first time! So, Hope you have a great day and like the chapter.