Haircut

BEFORE YOU READ: Hi all! I wrote this book my sophomore/junior year of high school. I am now almost 20 & will be starting my junior year of college in the fall. I am in awe of how many people have read & enjoyed this story even to this day. With that being said I do just want to put a quick disclaimer out there that the relationships & people portrayed in this book are very toxic. I was very uneducated about relationships when writing this story & I now know better and I am able to see the toxicity of these characters. Violet and Seth's story is thankfully fictional, but relationships that are similar to theirs are still present in our world. Please be cautious when reading and know that you should not allow yourself to be treated the way Seth treats Violet (or vice versa in some instances).

I also want to point out that there are inconsistencies in the story. I use different middle names & ages throughout the book. You are reading a first draft that has never been edited so please also keep that in mind as you read.

Thank you for reading!

Jodi <3
________________
I hung my head over the toilet as I finished emptying my breakfast like I did every morning.

"Violet, you really should go to the doctor today. You've been throwing up for weeks. This flu is really bad." My boyfriend of 6 years said while grabbing his keys. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and turned toward my oblivious boyfriend. I think it would be obvious to anyone that I am showing signs of pregnancy. Morning sickness, bloating, headaches, and so much more, but my Seth had never been the brightest of the bunch.

"No, i'm fine." I waved off his comment. He crossed his arms over his broad chest. I got up off the ground and walked over to him and cupped his face in my hands.

"I promise you, i'm fine." I brushed his brunette hair out of his face, "Go get your haircut, you need it."

I giggled at his long hair that had almost reached the end of his ears. He looked like he was 14 again with the Justin Bieber locks.

"Okay." He kissed the temple of my forehead. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me tighter than normal.

"I love you so,so,so,so much, darling."His voice was laced with worry. I rubbed his back.

"I love you too." When he pulled away from me his eyes looked like they were filling with tears.

"Seth..." I said laying a hand on his chest, "What's the matter?"

"I'm fine, I promise." He mocked me. I hit his arm jokingly. He leaned down and gave me a kiss on the lips and one last hug. He walked out the door and waved at me through the screen door. I waved back. As soon as his car had pulled out of the driveway, it was game time! I opened the cabinet under the sink in our bathroom and pulled out a box that had 2 pregnancy tests in it. Seth and I had had a pregnancy scare earlier this year and bought a pack of 3 pregnancy tests, but the first on came back negative, so, I put the others away just in case we had another scare. I opened up the test and did my business. I turned the test over and waited, and waited. I tapped my polished nails on the ceramic. I wasn't too nervous. We always used protection. My mom also had tons of trouble getting pregnant with all three of her kids. I think we would actually have to try for a baby if I wanted to actually get pregnant. My phone buzzed, signaling that the three minutes were up and I could check the test. I grasped the edge of the stick in my hand and turned it over. I stared at myself in the mirror before looking. My eyes began to fill with tears. This could change my life forever. This could change my life, Seth's life, and everything in between. As I stared at my watery eyes all the confidence I had before ran down my cheeks in the form of tears. I looked down at the future I held in my hands as the huge plus sign appeared on the small screen.

Butterflies flew around in my stomach. I just stood there in shock. I didn't know what to do. My phone began to ring and Seth's face appeared. I couldn't bring myself to answer it so I just let it ring until it stopped. After a few more minutes of realization I sat the test on the counter and washed my hands and the black mascara off my face. I picked up my phone and saw I had a voicemail from seth. I pulled it up and began to listen.

"Hey uh, Vi. I'm kinda glad you didn't answer. This is hard enough as it is. I first just want to start off by saying I love you. I love you so much and that's why i'm doing this."

My heart dropped. What is he doing? He took a long pause and finished it with a deep breathe.

"I'm holding you back from all you could become. I'm bringing you down. Your at the top of your job, Vi. You could become one of the main photographers for your company, but not if i'm still with you. You know I got a job offer down in Rhode Island and I decided to take it. So, i'm moving there, but I can't let you go with me. I can't drag you away from your family or what you're most comfortable with. So, i'm going on my own. I need a fresh start. I need to be on my own for a while. I'm doing what's best for both of us. Please Violet, please don't come after me. I'm blocking you on all social medias and your number. I'm sorry. I know this is confusing, but one day you will understand. I love you."

The top of my tshirt was soaking wet with tears. I threw my phone on the ground and screamed bloody murder. I collapsed on the ground and hit my fist into the hardwood floor. I placed my bloodied hands on my stomach.

"It's just you and me baby, just you and me."