Lillian Hamilton

I woke up the next morning to the sound of the garbage man outside. I had a slight headache, but felt pretty normal. I looked over at Seth. He was still sound asleep and probably majorly hungover. His arm was still in a tight grasp around me. He was snoring softly. His hair was falling into his face. I brushed a strand out of his face. He squirmed a bit and then slightly squinted his eyes.

"Violet. Wh-what are you doing in my bed? Oh gosh- did we?"

"No, you silly goose. I was much to sober to even begin to think about doing that with you." 

"What am I even doing home?" He placed his hands on his temple and groaned. 

"Do you remember anything from last night?"

"Nope. After the 8th drink I was out." 

"Well, let's just say I found you extremely drunk at the bar. I brought you home. It was scary, Seth! If you drank three more drinks I don't know if your body could have taken it...." My voice trailed off.

"I'm so sorry, Violet. I'm so sorry I scared you like that." 

He took a hand and traced it down my cheek. I laid on my side next to him. He brushed my hair behind my ear. He stared intently into my eyes. His hand wrapped around the back of my neck and the next thing I knew our lips were crashing against each others. I didn't pull back. I didn't resist because I think deep down I knew I wanted this as bad as he did. 

The kiss didn't last long. I shoved him back and placed my finger against my lips.  What was I doing? I need to get a hold of myself! This is my ex, the guy who left me, and apparently he left me for my childhood best friend. 

"What? What is it?" Seth seemed genuinely worried. 

"I just- I can't! I can't do this!" I covered my face with my hands. 

"I'm sorry, Violet. I don't how many more times I can say it. I'm sorry for leaving you. I'm sorry for running away from my problems. I was just so-"

"You cheated on me Seth! You don't get anymore excuses! I know you cheated on me!" I screamed at him and flung me feet on the ground. I got out of the bed and picked up my phone off the side table.

"Violet- I- I...."

"And you wanna know what the worst part about this all is?" I turned back around towards him, "It's that you told me while you were drunk. Your sober self didn't even have the balls to tell me truth, but your drunk self sure as hell knew what the right thing is to do. Who knows, Seth. You probably would've never told me if I hadn't picked you up at the club last night."

"Violet, I was going to tell you."

"Were you also going to tell me that you cheated on me with my childhood best friend? Cause that'd be nice to know to!"

"Violet...I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it." I stormed out of his room. I slipped on leggings and my uggs and went out to the car. I didn't even bother getting properly dressed. The front door swung open. Seth stood there in his boxers and looking like he'd been hit by a bus.

"Where are you going?!" He squinted his eyes at the sun and winced at the pain it caused him.

"To go get our daughter!" I called back and pulled out the driveway and sped down the road. 

I was so sick and tired of this life I was living. I just wanted all this drama to stop! It's not like we are still in high school. We are both grown adult and we both need to start acting like it! 

I eventually pulled up to my mom's house. Harper, my mom, and Chase were all waiting for me in the driveway. Chase and Harper were drawing on the concrete with chalk.