Chapter Three

Three months later

Camila was leaning over the bathroom toilet, losing what little food she had in her stomach.

Lauren stood in the doorway, watching her sister. She didn't know if she should tell her mother or just wait to see if Camila was okay.

After a few minutes, Camila sits up and begins coughing.

Lauren stepped closer. She sat down beside her sister and rubbed her back.

Taking a deep breath, Camila gently leans into Lauren's touch, she was just barely going on six months pregnant. "I need mama."

Lauren nodded. She moved to stand up only for Camila to grab her hand softly. Lauren looked at her.

"Don't go." Camila begged.

Lauren swallowed and sat back down on the floor.

Lillie joined them. The dog gently nuzzled Lauren's neck and then Camila's hand.

Closing her eyes, Camila leaned into Lauren and tried to relax.

Lauren looked around them for a moment. She pointed to the sink, not realising Camila's eyes were closed.

The older girl didn't move, her eyes still closed.

Lauren dropped her arm and looked at Lillie. She patted the dog's head.

"Laur?" Marcus asks, knocking on the bathroom door.

Lauren turned her head and looked up at the door. She hasn't said much in the last three months.

"You okay pumpkin?" he asks, not noticing Camila right away.

Lauren nodded, she pointed to Camila and then the toilet, telling her father that Camila had just thrown up again.

Frowning, Marcus moves over to Camila and gently feels her head. "Mila, let's brush your teeth and get you back to bed."

Camila forced her eyes open and looked up at her father.

"Come on sweetie." Marcus says softly, trying to help Camila up.

Camila groaned, she curled into her father and gripped his shirt.

Moving her to the sink, Marcus grabs her toothbrush and with Lauren's help gets the toothpaste on it before wetting it and beginning to brush her teeth.

Lauren looked at her father. She didn't really know what to do.

"Go get your mother." Marcus says softly.

Lauren nodded. She turned and left the room, Lillie following close at her heels.

"Daddy, my stomach really hurts." Camila says weakly.

"I know, Shh." Marcus said softly. "We'll have to take you to the hospital if it's that bad."

Curling into him, Camila closes her eyes and tries to fight back tears.

Marcus lifted Camila into his arms and carried her down the stairs to where Lauren was trying to get Ally to go up the stairs to see Camila.

Burying her face in his neck, Camila lets her tears fall.

"Ally, Camila needs to go to the hospital." Marcus said.

"What? Why?" Ally asks worriedly, moving over to him.

"She's in a lot of pain." Marcus said calmly.

Nodding her head, Ally rushes around to grab her keys and shoes.