Chapter Five

Camila quietly sat between her parents as Austin's mom took the stand.

"You know, I don't really like their names. We'll change them to Ryan and Victoria when we get them." the older woman says into the mic, looking at Austin who was sitting with his father, a smug grin on his lips.

"If you get them." The judge said. "That hasn't been decided yet."

"No, you see I've already decided we're getting them. We are a better fit for them, not that good for nothing whore that forced my perfect baby boy into having sex so she could get pregnant." the woman responds, sneering at Camila.

"Silence!" The judge barked. "This is not appropriate."

Camila was shaking between her parents, her head down as she fought back tears.

Ally reached over and gently squeezed her daughter's hand.

The fifteen year old immediately grips onto her hand.

Their lawyer stands up and walks to the center of the room. "If I may, Mrs. Mahone do you know when the twins were born?" he asks.

"May thirteenth." The woman replied confidently.

"Actually ma'am they were born September twenty-second." the lawyer responds calmly. "What is their full names?"

"Oliver... Mahone and Octavia... Mahone." The woman replied. "Are these questions really necessary? I haven't spent that much time with them because they were living with that skank and her horribly broken family."

"Oliver Michael Hernandez and Octavia Ella Hernandez." the lawyer responds calmly.

"These questions are stupid. I've never even seen their birth certificates. How do they prove we are fit parents?" Austin's mother said, folding her arms over her chest. "I'd like to know."

The lawyer shakes his head. "They don't because you aren't fit to take custody of the twins." the lawyer responds.

"What?!" Mrs Mahone stood up in shock.

"We've looked into everything involving your family and you've had six lawsuits involving your son." the lawyer says calmly.

Mrs. Mahone narrowed her eyes. "What are you talking about?"

The lawyer pulls out an envelope and passes it to the judge. "Six different cases involving your son forcing girls into having sex, this is the only case where he got a girl pregnant."

"Hm..." The judge narrowed his eyes as he opened the envelope.

"I object!" Austin's father yells, standing up. "You can't use that!"

"Yes! I can! It relates and proves that your son is a criminal." The lawyer turned on his heels.

"I will sue you!" the man yells.

"I'd like to see you try." The lawyer scoffed.

The judge reads through the file before looking up at the room. "There will be no further trial, I hereby grant sole custody to Ms. Camila Cabello."

Camila's heart raced in her chest and tears rolled down her cheeks.

Ally pulled Camila close and kissed her forehead. "We did it." she whispers in her daughter's ear.

Camila let the sob out of her mouth.

Marcus wrapped his arms around Ally and Camila. "We did it."

Camila curled into her mother, sobbing.

****

Octavia was sound asleep on Camila's chest, the tiny baby sleeping peacefully for the first time in a while.