Chapter Nine

Ally looks back at the girls through her rear view mirror, keeping an eye on the way Camila and Piper are interacting.

"How long until we get there?" Lauren whined  from her seat. She shifted uncomfortably. She was tired but couldn't sleep and the seat wasn't comfortable. She was missing Lillie too, they'd decided to drop Lillie at one of the best kennels in the city, but Lauren was worried about her.

"A few hours." Ally says softly.

"Hours?" Lauren sighed heavily.

Ally nods her head and turns to the left.

Lauren slumped down in the seat, leaning her head against the window.

A soft cry from Emily's carseat fills the car, signalling that the tiny baby was awake.

"Mila, make her be quiet." Dinah said, turning in her seat to look at Camila.

Sighing, Camila pulls awake from Piper and puts a pacifier in Emily's mouth.

The little girl sucks on the pacifier for a few seconds before beginning to cry once again.

Piper groaned and shifted in her seat.

"Shut her up," Normani snaps out, she was grumpy.

Emily began shifting in her carrier and released an even louder cry, she was hungry.

Lauren sat forward in her seat and looked over Camila's shoulder. "She's hungry, Cami."

Sighing, Camila leans forward and gently unstraps Emily before taking her out of the carrier.

Lauren leaned back in her seat and stared blankly out of the window. She didn't like being stuck in the car. It made her anxious.

"Out!" Oliver yells from his carseat.

"No, Oliver. You have to stay in your car seat." Camila said.

Shaking his head, Oliver begins trying to get out.

Camila couldn't do anything as she held Emily who was roughly sucking on her nipple while nursing.

"Oliver. Stop now." Camila said. "You're a big boy now. Big boys don't throw tantrums."

The little boy burst into sobs. "Nana!" he yelled, waking Octavia who's bottom lip pouted out, signaling she was about to cry.

"Oliver if you don't stop now, Nana will turn this car around and we will all go home." Camila said. "Look, now you've woken your sister."

Oliver immediately stops, crossing his arms and continuing to softly cry.

Octavia was fussing and doing the pincer motion toward Camila, she was still extremely clingy, especially when woke up.

Camila reaches over and brushed her fingers through Octavia's soft hair. "Shh, go back to sleep."

Relaxing slightly, the little girl's eyes flutter close and she goes back to sucking on her pacifier.

Camila looked down at Emily in her arms.

The tiny baby shifts in her arms and releases a soft cry.

"Shh." Camila cooed softly. She reached into her bag and pulled out her pacifier. She slipped it into the little girl's mouth.

Slowly, Emily relaxes and her eyes flutter closed.

Camila put the little girl back in her car seat.

Now Oliver was the only one awake and he wasn't happy.