THREE.

CHAPTER THREE.
-
i. burning teddy bears !

━━DEFENSE against the dark arts was never exactly a strong suit for any quintet

DEFENSE against the dark arts was never exactly a strong suit for any quintet.

Lee Jordan had a solid reputation of being the infamous 'loud mouth', usually leading him to gain multiple detentions for his actions-- but seems to come in handy all too much for a nice distraction of charm to any professor that calmly passes by any Weasley prank in the making.

Then there is, of course, the Weasley twins with their-- different, way of doing things. Also usually landing them in a sturdy hour of cleaning trophy cases and organizing potion labels. Usually by the second week the professor is at their wits end with the two, either sending them out of class or simply giving them more deductions-- as if it would do something to detter their six year winning streak against the constantly changing professors.

Of course the two girls were rounded up with the other three-- being atrociously terrible at the course. But the only girls in the quintet seemed to be less of a distraction towards the class, leading them to end up with simply just terrible marks instead of the treacherous trophy cases.

This class was simply the only exception to the quintet.

Mad Eye Moody was put on a sort of pedestal before he even entered the classroom. But that wasn't an excuse for the group of sixth years. The slackers were dozing off on their arms and desktops, top markers sat livid that the professor was late-- still trying to not seem stressed, spell-casted origami fled throughout the room and over heads, students were doing whatever seemed pleasing to them at the moment.

Until they heard the stomping of a prosthetic from the outside of brick and mahogany wood doors. A short stubby man came marching ruffly into the room allowing himself to be stared at until he reached the front of the class turning abruptly "BOO"

The class collectively gasped and scooted back from the professor as he just chuckled, turning back around and opening his rucksack bringing out glass mason jars and other jars as well as a box.

"Alright. Can anyone in this class tell me what the spell Reducto can be capable of?"

He eyed down everyone of the students until a boy in the back raised his hand slightly then put it back down-- eyes still downcast so that he wouldn't have to meet the face of the man.

The Hufflepuff boy was frightened as the man came bustling over towards him, "you! Boy!"

The sixth year slowly but hesitantly rose his eyes to meet the ex-auror, "R-reducto, also known as the Reductor curse, is a des-s-s-stt-truction spell, used to reduce o- obj- ob-" "spit it out boy!" Hufflepuff's stutter was quickly getting on Moody's nerves, "objects to dus-s-st-t. '' he quickly sputtered out to the professor and then looked back down, fiddling with his hands.

"That'll work." he gruffed out patting the boy on his shoulder ruffly.

"Right you are a boy. It disintegrates the object infected by the spell, " he walked over to the box he had previously bought out, pulling out an old worn teddy bear. Shouting the spell loud enough to scare the poor boy again as well as the rest of the sixth year Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs.

Lili watched as the clear spell rushed from the old wand, creating sparks to the stuffed toy, then finally bursting into flames. She gulped looking at the fake animal and wondering if that was morbid or fantastic.

"Seen a fair share of these suckers in my day" he smirked evilly sending a chill down her spine. Something was off about this man and she didn't like it. But maybe it was just her as she looked around seeing everyone immensely intrigued by this man that Liliana saw as a creepy intimidating one.

Staring at the now ashes of the scorched teddy bear she decided then and there, as he was entrancing the two houses about his encounters, that she did not like this man.

___

━━"IT'S like- ya know he's really been there. He has the experience I wish I had. Except not beca-"

Lili ignored Lee talking to the four of them as her mind was running about the class and their odd professor. He was an unusual man. Yes, it was interesting to hear about his expeditions as an Auror but something was definitely off about the man and the way he held himself.

George was only vaguely listening to Lee ranting about the professor, he was looking at the curly haired artist next to him. This year seemed to be the year of new feelings and George Weasley definitely caught a case. The girl thinking beside him was seen in a new light. Whenever she got closer or lied her head on his shoulder when she laughed, it all brought a new sense of butterflies to his stomach.

His head swirling with thoughts of her and he dark brown eyes, the freckles that littered her face just like himself, her golden ringlets in her hair that seemed to bounce in its short haired ponytail whenever she walked, and her sense to make everything fun and new for everyone around her. George Weasley had a crush on Liliana Kate and it only took six years to realize it.

___

━━COURSE classes out for the week, and a day before the names would be pulled from the goblet.

Despite everything Lili was going against, Aspen Diggory and Lee Jordan were successfully "friendly" pressuring her into putting her parchment with the scribbled name-- into the blue fire.

"Pier pressure. Gosh, i would die in the real world" Lili muttered worriedly as she ran up to the fire, eyes squeezed shut, and threw the tri-folded piece into the blue flames-- then, hurriedly rushing out of the aging line and reopening her eyes.

"Good luck with that! I'm proud of you child." Lee broke the silence by clapping his hand on her shoulder and turned, leaving the hall.

Lili looked at the female Diggory panic-y with wide eyes and an informal expression. [AN ;-; ]

" good grief. "

___