Chapter 26: The Counter Spell

Her eyes slowly focused on an unfamiliar ceiling. Where was she? To her right, were a row of beds but to her left was a head of brown hair with a small ponytail. Smiling, Diana patted her head gently before tugging on the little ponytail. In response, the head lifted.

"Good morning," greeted Diana.

Bleary eyes focused on her. "Diana!" Akko hugged her tightly. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes. Did you sleep here?"

"No. Prof. Lemar came back and told me to go to bed. But she let me come here early this morning." Akko gestured to a nearby table with a covered tray on top. "Are you hungry? I brought breakfast."

When Akko said it, her mouth immediately salivated. "Yes, please."

Akko helped her sit up and unfolded a panel that served as a bedside table. She moved the tray on to it and uncovered its contents. There was sausage, bacon, French toast, hash and fried eggs with HP sauce for additional seasoning.

"This one is Darjeeling and this is Ceylon." Akko pointed to two small teapots.

"Darjeeling, please."

Akko poured tea for her then sat back.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"I'll eat later."

"I can't finish this all. There's enough for two."

"Umm... there's only one plate."

"You can share mine." Akko's cheeks turned pink and Diana laughed at her reaction. She summoned a plate, a cup and utensils. "Here."

Akko puffed her cheeks as she accepted them. "Meanie!"

"Do you say meanie as in: how dare you tempt me to share a plate, or as in: how dare you make us eat separately?"

Brown eyebrows furrowed in thought the reddish brown eyes looked at her shyly. "Maybe... both?"

Diana giggled. "Since the plate is small, perhaps we can try on a large plate later?" She winked which caused Akko to blush even more. She scooted over to left and patted the bed. "You can sit here."

Akko carefully sat on the bed and put her plate on the table.

Her hand gestured at the food. "Please help yourself."

When she was about halfway done with her food, Akko asked, "Do you mind if I asked what happened?"

Diana was impressed that she waited this long to ask. "I don't mind. You should know anyway." She sipped her tea. "Do you remember the Lovelove bee at Andrew's party?"

Akko looked away. "Yeah... sorry about that."

Her hand gripped the sheets. She had to know. "Who were you planning to use it on?"

Akko waved her hands. "Nobody! Sucy got the wrong order by mistake!"

"Why didn't you return it?"

"She didn't get a chance to. We ended up sneaking into the party."

She breathed a sigh of relief. Akko didn't plan to use it. Now for the other question. "Did you notice if I was bitten?" Akko twitched. She smirked. "Now that I think about it, I probably meant it."

Akko's cheeks immediately turned a shade of red. "Wh-What?!"

"How cute..." thought Diana as she kissed her cheek. "Anyway, Hannah and Barbara saw me, so they accused you of using the Lovelove bee to make me fall in love with you. I wanted to make sure that my feelings weren't fake, so I went with them to Prof. Lukic. They told her that I was bitten by a Lovelove bee or I may have been given a love potion. Prof. Lukic cast a spell on me and confirmed that I was bitten by the bee in the past. She could make the strongest anti-love potion within an hour. I asked her if there would be any side-effects if I was no longer under the influence of the bee. She said that if I'm truly in love, the potion would lose effectiveness and the side-effects would be minimal. When she was finished, Hannah brought it to me and I drank it."