7. I Know You Care

"I suggest you do the things you want to do now."

Those words kept ringing in Giselle's mind. The doctors voice, it felt like it was the only thing she could think about.

It had been four days since the doctor told her those words.

Mario had just come from a friendly game. He was away in an away game. The first thing he did was go check up on Giselle.

"Have you thought about it?", He asked Giselle sitting next to her on the bed. It had become a routine to sit with her while she lays down.

"Yeah, I have.", Giselle said looking down at her hands.

"What are they?", Mario asked her.

"First lay down with me.", Giselle said tiredly.

Mario took off his shoes, opened the covers and crawled in with her.

"You know, I don't know if its the medicine but I miss you.", Giselle said with her eyes closed.

"No, it isn't the medicine. I miss you too.", Mario said cupping her cheek with his hand and stroking it with his thumb.

"You see, I think it is.", Giselle said. "You're still with her."

"Actually I'm not. I told her to fuck off.", he said as if it wasn't any big deal.

He told Kat to not come near him anywhere near him when he realized that he wanted to do everything to help her. The day she got a bad fever and he didn't know what to do. It was that day he realized everything.

"Well, I guess you're in the clear.", she said smiling. "I'm going to tell you a secret but you can't tell anyone."

"Okay.", Mario said looking at her closely.

Giselle opened her eyes, her eyes as beautiful as ever. Looking at him attentively.

"When I'm with you, I don't feel sick anymore. I feel alive. I don't don't want to feel sick anymore.", Giselle said to him, she grabbed his hand. "Please stay with me."

"I'll always stay with you.", Mario said pulling her closer to him "I won't ever leave you or Alex. You two are my world. I know I did some horrible things and I deserved everything you said to me."

"Life is to short for forgiveness. Let's not live in the past. Let's live in the now.", she said to him.

"I'll live when ever you want me to as long as its with you.", Mario said leaning closer to her.

"You know I have always loved you.", Giselle said to him. "I never stopped."

"I was confused but I have always loved you.", Mario said to her. "I love you too."

He leaned in and kissed her. He cupped her cheek and kissed her like if their was no tomorrow. He didn't know if he'd see her the next day. Cherish the moment.

They pulled away and she wrapped her arms around him. While his arms where around her waist now.

"I want to wake up in the mornings with you. Watch you play in the stadium. Make breakfast for you and Alex. Get married in the beach when the sun set is setting. Go to your parents house and spend another Christmas there. Watch you take out the trash while I drink my coffee. That's what I want.", Giselle said smiling into his chest.

"I'll help you.", Mario said to her kissing the top of her head. "Together."

"Together.", she repeated slowly and softly.

They stayed quiet until Mario heard her soft breathing. She fell asleep on him.

These moments he would keep with him forever. He would not waste a single moment that wasn't with her. Staying with her was his happiness.