1•NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

In the town of Greendale, where it always feels like Halloween, there lived two girls who are half-witch, half-mortal, who, on their 16th birthday, would have to choose between two worlds: the witch world of their families, and the mortal world of their friends.

My name is Ivory Spellman, twin of Sabrina Spellman, and those girls are us.

Screams of fear erupt through the movie theatre playing 'Night Of The Living Dead' at a jump scare.

Everyone jumps except for Sabrina who stares at the screen in awe.

Susie who just sat down throws half of her refilled bucket of popcorn over me and I laugh quietly as she blushes, covering her face.

''I was confused by the zombies, I mean why were they so freakin' slow?'' Harvey asks as we walk down the stairs to the main floor of the picture house, I smirk.

''Fast-moving zombies is a relatively new concept in horror...'' I say looking at Sabrina who continues with ease.

''Earlier incarnations assumed that reanimated corpses were afflicted by rigor mortis, and, as such, moved slowly'' she says distantly.

Harvey grins turning to Roz, ''how do they know these things?'' he whispers amazed

"no idea'' Roz giggles.

I freeze as my eyes land on jocks messing around, not far from us.

My jaw clenches and I look at Susie sadly, they bully her.

Her eyes frantically find mine and I reach out gently squeezing her hand.

She relaxes slightly as Sabrina looks between them and Susie worried.

She notcies our hands and smiles assuringly.

I run my thumb across the back of her hand soothingly for a minute before I slowly let go and she gives me a grateful smile, her cheeks a soft pink.

I lean into her ear slightly '' I can turn them into toads if you'd like?'' I say and she chuckles at the joke, not realizing i'm a little serious.

Our friends don't know we're witches, if it were easy enough we would tell them but our aunts would flip, and there's the chance they wouldn't take it well and stop being friends with us.

We keep walking as Harvey and Roz keep talking about the zombies and I stay by Susie's side.

Sabrina turns, walking backwards and accidentally bumps into someone.

''Oh, excuse me'' the woman says rushed, looking up, it's Ms Wardwell.

''Sabrina'' she gasps happily, ''Ms Wardwell, hi'' Sabrina grins.

Ms Wardwell is a good teacher as well as a sweet lady, She chuckles as she removes her glasses.

''I didn't know you were a fan of horror movies'' Sabrina says excitedly.

''Sabrina's nuts for 'em'' I chuckle, ''the gorier the better'' Harvey laughs.

''Well, um, who doesn't enjoy a good scare every now and again? especially this time of year'' Ms Wardwell says popping her glasses back on and rushes past us.

''Ms Wardwell, we have a tradition of going to the movies, and then to Dr Cerberus' to dissect whatever we just saw, do you want to join us?'' Sabrina asks sweetly.

Susie, Roz and Harvey stare at her confused as I smile at Ms Wardwell, agreeing with the idea.

Ms Wardwell smiles happily but declines '' I have papers to grade but thank you, thank you for the offer, really'' she says kindly.

I smile sadly, we tried.

She backs away awkwardly, ''see you guys in class'' she says to the rest of us, waving.

We wave back politely and the other three look at Sabrina quickly ''Brina why would you do that?'' Roz asks still fake smiling.

''Invite Ms Wardwell?'' Sabrina asks, distant again. ''Yeah'' Roz sighs, ''I feel bad for her, living in that house...all alone'' Sabrina says sadly and I sigh, ''me too'' I say.

Harvey slings his arm over Sabrina's shoulders and we leave for Dr Cerberus'.

''The whole thing functions as a metaphor!'' Susie says excitedly beside me.

''it's a monster movie, Susie!'' Harvey argues back making me laugh.

''Devil's advocate, can't it be both?'' I ask grinning.

''Exactly! exactly, it is both'' Susie gushes, leaning into me and i smile at her excitement.

''On one level, yes, it's about zombies, but it's also about the cold war!'' she waves her hands around, Roz agreeing.

"Civil rights'' Roz smiles while Susie keeps jumping in her seat, ''the collapse of the nuclear family!'' she pats her hands on the table.

''Did we just watch different movies?'' Harvey asks jokingly.

''You didn't get that? from when the daughter turned into a zombie and then ate her mother?!'' Susie says enthusiastically, clapping her hands.

I love how excited she gets during these talks, I usually just sit back and watch her have fun winning the arguments.

''I think Harvey may have had his eyes closed during that part'' Sabrina laughs.

''No! I didn't!'' he laughs and Sabrina kisses him.

''Oh that's terrible you missed the best part'' Susie laughs and I smile at her.

''Ivy what did you think?'' Harvey  smirks.

''What?'' I ask hazily and everyone chuckles.

"She's busy making googly eyes at s-'' I lean over slamming my hand over Sabrina's mouth as she mumbles away, making everyone laugh.

I sit inside, waiting for Sabrina to say goodbye to Harvey.

I climb up onto the counter and I carefully push the kitchen window open slightly.

''I love you, Sabrina Spellman'' I hear Harvey say and I grin, covering my mouth.

''Cousin, are you eavesdropping?'' Ambrose whispers from behind me.

''No..but they're just so cute Ambrose, I want a love like that'' I stress and he chuckles, pulling me down.

''I thought you were fun'' I say as he places my small frame on the ground, he quirks an eyebrow.

"I'm plenty fun'' he says before disappearing into the house.

The front door opens and I run out smiling at Sabrina, she grins and turns the radio on with her magic.

She turns the lights on and runs towards the stairs, I laugh following her, dancing up the stairs on the way to our bedroom.