14• DREAM A LITTLE DREAM

We rush through the hall into aunt Zelda and Hilda's room as I slam the door shut.

"Girls? What's the matter?" Aunt Zelda asks as they jump out of their beds.

"When I solved the puzzle, the Acheron Configuration, it set a demon free and now it's loose" Sabrina gushes.

"You solved the puzzle? Without me?" I turn to her angrily.

"What kind of demon?" Aunt Zelda asks completely unfazed.

"What kind of demon? A demon-demon, a scary demon" I stammer.

"Calm down, if the entity came out of the Acheron Configuration it can be put back into the Configuration, where is it? The puzzle box?" Aunt Zelda sighs and we all turn to Sabrina.

"I must've left it in our room" she says quietly.

"Spellmans" the demon growls, banging on the door and I jump back.

"Well, this is simply perfect. Follow me, quickly" aunt Zelda opens a secret door as the demon scratches the bedroom door.

It shrieks as we through the passage.

"Quickly, downstairs" aunt Zelda rushes as we run into the downstairs hall.

"What the devil is going on?" Ambrose asks as he exits the embalming room.

"Not the devil Ambrose, a demon, in the house" Sabrina pants.

"What do you mean a demon, what kind of demon?" He panics, rushing over.

"Whatever kind it is, we have protocols in place" aunt Zelda breathes out.

"We do?"  I ask confused.

"We seal the house to contain the entity, to prevent it from escaping into the world when it would cause rampant, wanton chaos" she explains and we nod.

"Okay, let's do this" Ambrose nods and we all link hands.

"Ex spiritibus enim sie te aeris, Qui omnipotentiam Tuam parcendo Clavem ad Ostium ab grandus Cincinno" we chant, sealing the house.

"Spellmans..." the demon growls and slowly, I turn, staring up at the top of the staircase.

"You're his family, aren't you? My captor's kin, you smell like Spellmans" it hisses, it's gravelly voice giving me chills.

"Know this, demon. Our house is sealed with an incantation we, and only we, know. If you harm us, you'll never escape it" aunt Zelda steps forward confidently.

The demon starts walking down the stairs slowly.

"Another prison? No, no, no! Edward Spellman imprisoned me in the Acheron puzzle for 70 years. I'll not be  caged again" it growls, nearing closer.

"What do you want, hellspawn?" I huff and it stares at me, making my skin crawl.

"First, revenge on the family of Edward Spellman" it claws at the banister.