15• FLOWERS AND BLUE SKIES

After a heated discussion with Ms  Wardwell, we discovered she is in fact a witch.

She claimed our father sent her to watch over us and she fell in love with him but we didn't believe any of it, so Sabrina told her to leave us alone.

***

"Add Ms Wardwell to the list of liars, betrayers and spies in our lives" I huff as Sabrina, Ambrose and I sit in the dark pet graveyard.

"It's a lucky thing she was spying on you, cous. Else we might all still be in the Batibat's nightmares, then again, I sort of am, aren't I?" Ambrose looks down in thought.

His nightmare is being forgotten by the world, no one to mourn him after he's gone.

"Ambrose?" Sabrina looks over at him worried and he shakes his head.

"Might I suggest you give the woman the benefit of the doubt?" He turns to us.

I shake my head, "I don't have it in me" I breath out and Sabrina agrees.

"Our father deceived us, aunt Zelda deceived us, now our teacher?" She asks quietly, maybe we're cursed.

"All right, give me a bit of her hair and I'll make all her teeth fall out" Ambrose jokes and I crack a smile.

"I'm not quite sure what to do yet" Sabrina looks down and I stand up, brushing my jeans off.

"One things for sure, I'm gonna wipe all the mirrors clean of Ms Wardwell's spells, no more spying" I breathe out, heading inside.

***

I walk through the school doors, bursting with excitement.

I know what you're thinking, who's excited for school? Well, I get to see Susie of course.

I walk down the hall, a bounce in my step as I turn the corner, spotting her by her locker.

I smile as i rush over, covering her eyes.

"Guess who?" I whisper in her ear and she turns, smiling.

"Ivy" she breathes out as I pull her into a tight hug, relaxing.

"Oh, I missed you so much, my weekend sucked, did I mention I missed you a lot?" I ramble, planting kisses on her head.

"I missed you too" she chuckles, resting her head against my neck.

I reluctantly pull away, ruffling her hair up as her cheeks burn.

I was back with her and that's all that matters.

I remember the Batibat nightmare and I gently take her hand, she's definetly real.

"Let's go somewhere, i wanna tell you something" I say hopefully and she smiles, nodding.

I lead her into the locker room and into a shower, pulling the curtain shut.

"I'm having deja vú" she chuckles and I smile at the memory, looking down.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asks and I nod, "yeah, I just, had a nightmare" I look at her carefully.