Chapter 2: A day at work

''So Louie, how come you brothers aren't here?'' You and Louie had been in funzo's for about an hour. He told you he had 2 two brothers the same age as him, but kept changing subject whenever you asked about his parents, so you let it go.  ''Oh yeah, kitten, they're back home, they had stuff to do.'' He was nice with you, he always seemed relaxed, nonchalant, he was calm the two times you goofed up because you didn't know how the 'system' of Funzo's inner workings.

"Oh, must be nice to have siblings your age. I have a brother, though he's a lot older than me."

"Well, they're annoying most of the time, but, when it comes to it, we're always there for each other."

"(Y/n)? (Yyyyy/nnnn)? Sis where are y- oh there you are!"

You waved hello as he walked over to both of you. ''Louie, meet my brother, Fenton!''

"Hi." The Green hoodied duck greeted

"Hello, he turned back to you, (Y/n) we better get going, it's getting late and mamá's gonna get worried."

"Aw, oh well, bye Louie! Nice meeting ya!" You walked out with your brother as eagerly told him about your day. Louie simply waved back with a soft smile on his beak. A, 'I think this girl's cute' kind of smile 'No. nonono. Come on, Louie! you just met her!' he scolded himself. The white duck shook his head to let go of those thoughts and began to head back to the manor.

{}{}{}{}{}

After a good night sleep in your bedroom, you woke an stretched you arms as you yawned. It had already been a few weeks since you moved to your mother's house, you and Louie had become good friends, meeting up almost every day at Funzo's just to hang out. Neither of you ever mentioned your family other than your brothers for some reason. Though, you had to admit, he was kinda cute. Kinda.                                                                                                                                                  You slid down the stairs for breakfast, your mom and Fenton were waiting for you to eat. Your brother had an exited grin on his face. ''Buenos días pajarito!'' Your mother smiled as she placed some cereal in front of you. ''Fenton has a surprise for you today!'' 

"Really?! you asked exited, what is it?!"

"Oh it's nothing, Mr. Mcduck just allowed me to take you with me to work..." he said trying to hide his happiness. 

"NO. WAY. *Inhale* WOO-OO!!!" you practically jumped to the roof in excitement. You had wanted to go to Fenton's job, ever since you found out he was Gizmoduck. 

You finished your breakfast at Sonic speed and ran to get ready. You stepped outside with Fenton, you were wearing a slightly over sized (F/c) sweater that slumped ever so slightly on your right arm, revealing your shoulder and your usual black skirt. It was a chilly-ish day, the wind ruffling your feathers, which was a bit annoying. He drove both of you to the lab while explaining how Gizmoduck came to be, and how a little duck named Huey helped him fix the suit. You were about 110% sure Louie had talked to you about his brother Huey before , but you kept quiet. You simply half listened to your superhero brother ramble on about neurology or something as you stared out the window at the passing building, exited for what was to come.

Once you got to the bin, you stared in awe as Fenton entered the garage, everything about this town is amazing in so many ways. As he led you down to the lab, you were greeted by a horse man thing with scrooge's stone head instead of a normal horse head. "WHAT THE F...'' you yelled as you covered your face with your arms for protection. ''Oh right!, I forgot to tell you, your brother quickly cut you off, this is Many the man horse! And this, he said as a small robot with a light bulb for a head climbed on his shoulder, this is Little Bulb.'' You simply nodded, trying to take everything in.                                                                                                                                                        ''Ah, the test subject is here!'' a voice said as a tall and a small silhouette came through the door. ''Wait what...'' you said confused as the two forms became clear, one of them was a tall bird with a round beak and glasses, wearing a fedora and a funny, old style outfit. The other was Scrooge Mcduck. Your eyes lit up as you finally saw in person the legendary adventurer and the partner your father would always talk about. ''So you're the lass that Thomas constantly talked about. I'm Scrooge Mcduck and this man is Gyro Gearloose, pleased to meet you. Sorry about what happened...'' he said, his voice trailing towards the end, Thomas meant a lot him, since they had been on many adventures.

  "I'm (Y/n) West Cabrera, it's ok really, he died doing what he loved...'' You said holding on to the urge to ask a billion questions to him.

  "Yeah, yeah, nice to meet you and... other greetings,'' Interrupted who you guessed was Gyro Gearloose, ''Can we begin the testing now?'' he asked impatiently.

"Testing?! I never agreed to any testing!'' shouted your brother, who had been quiet up until now.

"Well Mr. Crackshell, you didn't think I would let you bring a child to just be gallivanting about in the building?''

"Maybe..?'' Mumbled Fenton as he scratched his neck, a habit you both had when you were nervous.

"Well you were wrong,'' urged Grearloose, ''I have some weapons for young ducks up for testing, but Mr. McDuck only has 4 children with him and I had 5 weapons so we thought it would be good for her to try one, being the sister of a superhero and all.'' 

"I never agreed to this!'' Fenton shot back, getting protective. (Big brother mode: ON)  

"Uh, I wouldn't mind...'' You tried to state but they ignored you.

"Fenton," Scrooge said softly as the other two stood at a standstill, "do you not think it would be better for your sister to have way of protecting herself when you're not there, just like I need you to protect Duckburg when I'm away."

Fenton sighed and looked at you. You simply grabbed his hand and looked up at him softly.''What do you always tell me?'' you asked, already knowing the answer. He huffed and mumbled ''Do not throw away your shot...''

"the children will be here soon,'' Scrooge stated. So, you sat down and watched with awe as Gyro and Fenton did a few test on the GizmoDuck suit while you waited. 

After about 20 minutes, a duck wearing a red polo shirt and baseball cap rushed into the room, followed by an identical looking guy with a different haircut and a blue shirt and a girl With a pink pullover shirt and a purple skirt and finally... 

''Louie?!' '