Chapter 9: Home Alone (Part 2)

Hey hey hey! I'm alive! I got a couple of things to say but I've kept y'all waiting long enough so I'll put it at the end. Enjoy!

The two of you had been watching movies for who knows how long. You were halfway through 'revengers: endless war' when you heard a small click in another room. It was a very small sound but it immediately had you looking around in worry.

"Louie? Did you also hear that?"

Louie tore his eyes away from the screen in extreme difficulty. "Didn't hear anything Kitten, why do ask?"

"O-oh. No, it's nothing..."

You shuffled in your seat uncomfortably, attempting to focus on the movie with no avail. 'I didn't imagine that, did I?' you thought. You tried to look at the screen again, with your fingers unconsciously digging into the palms of your hand, leaving small crescent moon shapes in its wake. Louie seems to have noticed that because he turned to look at you with a concerned expression.

"You alright, Kitten?"

"I- um- I- I'm fine. I'm just feeling a little shaken from the movie. I'll just go to the washroom for a minute ok?"

"Sure..." He didn't sound as convinced as you would have hoped. "Do you want me to pause the movie?"

"N-no, you can keep watching! I've already watched it about two hundred times," you joked. It looked like Louie had eased up a little at the joke, his shoulders relaxed a little and a small smile returned to his lips.

"Ok then, don't take too long! We're about to get to the good part!"

You nodded with the most convincing smile you could muster to hide your doubts, quickly exiting the room. Once you got far enough, you let out a sigh and headed towards the place where you thought you had heard the noise from. 'I really hope it was just my imagination...' You kept going towards that direction, carefully checking every room because God knows this mansion had way too many.

As you kept your investigation, you heard yet another sound, this time a lot louder, like someone tumbling over something. Ultimately deciding that you weren't, in fact, going crazy, you ran towards the room at full speed, getting ready to activate your gauntlets. Your blood pumping inside you only grew as you prepared to turn the corner of the hallway, the noise was definitely coming from there. You turn the corner with your gauntlet held out like a gun... nothing.

You silently cursed, flattening yourself agaisnt the wall and listening closely for any other sound that would give the position of the intruder away. You stayed perfectly still, barely even breathing, as you waited for your chance to strike. After what seemed like forever, you heard the most quiet thumping of footsteps coming from the door on your right.

Taking a deep breath, you smashed the door open and lit fire to your gauntlet to light the room. "Whoever you are, I know you're here! So you'd better show yourself before I blast you into next Tuesday!"

The room was once again empty, relaxing your shoulders a little, you scanned the room for any signs that someone may be hiding inside. "What the f-" You froze as you heard a small thump of a figure landing behind you.

"Blast me? Now we can't have that now can we?"

The eerie smoothness of the voice made shivers run down your entire body. That british accent caused shivers to run down your spine in all the wrong ways. You kept telling your body to turn, to punch them, to do something. But it didn't seem to be responding. The voice behind you chuckled quietly, the softness of the sound only fueling your anxiety. They slowly turned to face you, their hands trailing around your shoulders slowly, making you flinch and finally snap back into reality. You blasted a fireball towards the figure, steadying yourself as the flames and smoke acted as cover.

When the flames cleared, your mouth fell open with both amazement and fear. The figure was completely uninjured. Instead, there was a sizable, glowing ice pillar that had formed in front of them. It dissipated as soon as the flames subsided, finally allowing you to take a proper look at the intruder.

It was a boy who looked to be about your age. He had pitch-black feathers that glistened different colors in the light of the few smouldering flames around you. His beak was a purple-ish black and his eyes were a green so bright that they looked like they were glowing. He was wearing a fancy-looking vest over a simple white dress shirt. He was pretty handsome for a guy that broke into your home and was probably about to murder you.

He meandered toward you, his emerald eyes staring at you with an almost manic expression, his mouth curling up to a smirk. He was clearly sizing you up, trying to see just how strong you were before inevitably attacking you. "Fire, huh," he mused, "and you seem to know what you're doing now too... I guess agent 13 did a better job than we thought..."

"W-who are you? What do you want from us?" Your voice quivered in fright.

"Name's Atlas, pleased to meet you,-" he grabbed your hand to try to kiss it, but you quickly pulled away and backed up. "I'm simply here to grab that pretty little stone you have on that glove. Why don't you just give it to me and I'll quickly be of your way."

You quickly ignited you right hand, sending a wave of flames towards him. He flipped back with unnatural ease and landed elegantly a few feet away. He then shot ice spears right at you but used your fire to try to melt them before they hit you. Despite that, one of them managed to escape your flames and flew right past your cheek, cutting it pretty deeply. Your breath hitched that bastard knows what he's doing... You quickly swallowed your fear and ignited both gauntlets, looking at him with pure, unadulterated rage.

"Like hell I'd do something that stupid!"

He frowned and rubbed his index and thumb on his temple. "Look, doll, I really dont want to hurt you. It seems like way more trouble than what it's worth,-" he ran toward you at such speed that you could barely see him, stopping in front of you and harshly grabbing your chin, "-but if you force my hand I'll make sure not even your cute little boyfriend can recognize you once I'm done."

"Bring it on, Icy Bastard."

I made it! Barely, but I made it. I can't thank you lovely readers enough for the support you have given me all this time and I apologize infinitely for the long wait.

Before everything I want to ask, how are y'all doing in quarantine? I hope you're doing good! I've been drowning in schoolwork and using all my free time to draw and write. I know this is a difficult time but it's at times like these that internet communities really come through to cheer eachother up!

So what exactly have I been up to? Well it's been a mix of personal matters, the fact that I sort of lost interest in the fandom for a while, the fact that I'm working on a new project (more on that later) and just how hard it was for me to come up with a proper plot for this story that kept me from writing. I started this story as a completely self-indulgent insert, I had absolutely no idea it would blow up this much so I hadn't really thought of a coherent plot for this. But now that I know you guys want this (I think) I decided to get my ass in gear and have well thought-out plot for you to enjoy. There's still some kinks that I have to work out but I'll deal with those as they come.

Now for the new project! I know most of you are probably very young since I started this story when I myself was but a wee lass (not that much time has passed though) But I wanted to tell you all that I've started a brand-new account for my non-fandom related writing, mainly BL and such. The account is QTig3r and there's a bl thriller I'm releasing soon called Rootless. I've been writing it for about a year now with the help of my friend and editor and I'm very proud of how it's turning out so far. I hope you guys check it out when it's released (which should be very soon)

Whoo! Tangent over. Anyways, have an amazing day/night my duckies!!