e n

"You must be the change you wished to see in the world"

|Φ|

MY eyes narrowed at the sight of the empty hallway of the Auradon Prep, surveying the area for any guards. My boots made light footsteps as I tiptoed down the hall, breath blowing in a series of deep air as the tension on my shoulder never left in fear of being caught by Fairy Godmother, or anyone for that matter. Footsteps echoed on the quiet building as a guard rounded up a corner, his back ramrod straight while walking towards the empty hall without noticing me. My bag hung heavy as I ran towards the doorway.

Blowing a gust of air, I opened the door, wincing as it created a protruding creak that echoed down the hallways. I quickened my steps as I sprinted towards the shoreline, avoiding the Auradon soldiers lurking nearby the gate in search of any unwanted visitors. Quietly, I put down my bag beside me before taking off my dress and placing it inside. Inhaling the seawater deeply, I welcomed the wind as it gently brushed down on my face, caressing the skin delicately as it danced under the luminous moonlight. I grabbed the bag from the sand and clutched it tightly, after which I whispered a small spell:

"Let thee object disappear
A thing not but a dream
Let thy object be unseen"

An echoing whisper resounded amidst the silent night. Waves crashed down the shoreline as golden shimmers slowly crept from my fingertips and enveloped the bag, momentarily blinding me. Opening my eyes, the golden light dulled down until it disappeared with the wind along with my bag. A smile crept down my face when a loud shout echoed inside the Auradon Prep, the light in my bedroom opened, and a shadow loomed on my bed filling my senses with panic. Turning towards the sea, I took one glance at the building that served as my home since I was a mere child, reminiscing the memory of my Mother and Father in my mind. Sorrow flooded my body, making me step towards the building, but the image of my betrothed, Prince Chad, stopped me from moving further. A newfound energy coursed through my vein as I swivelled towards the ocean, taking light hasty steps until the water reached my ankles. Casting another glance to my home, I took a deep breath before whispering softly, letting the wind carry my words towards Auradon.

"Goodbye."

Submerging into the water, I felt the tingles course down my spine before blanketing my hips and travelling down the length of my legs. A light protruded from the darkened water as a series of crimson scales covered my tanned legs, replacing the skin. Then, a magnetic force glued my legs together, stretching the length until an elongated crimson tail appeared as the light from my legs vanished.

Laughing wildly, I flicked my tail, playing with the water as sea creatures neared me playfully. A dolphin brushed its smooth head on my hand before swimming away along with his family. Sighing sadly, my heart thudded in pain as I watched the dolphins glided on the water away from me. Ignoring the sting on my chest at the sight, I decided to traverse forward on the seawater faster. I ignored the fishes coming out of their hiding to look at their Princess. Continuously, I flicked my tail harder as my eyes caught a shimmering glint that grew larger when I closed the distance between us and the barrier. My body stopped abruptly as I faced the barricade preventing me to enter the Isle. Hands moving forward, I touched the shimmer, lightly hypnotized by the glittering light which stopped the people behind it from escaping.

I placed my palm on the barrier, ignoring the haunting voice at the back of my mind as I whispered the spell my grandfather thought me when I was younger:

"Here I command thee sea
Let the power flow into me
Open the door long forgotten
Be the caster enter then"

A blinding light appeared in front of me as the entire ocean floor began to move violently, scaring the sea creatures as a small hole appeared at the barrier. Letting out a shaky breath, I glanced behind the vast ocean, seeing nothing but darkness before entering the opening and facing the world of chaos and freedom.

Breaking through the surface, my eyes darted towards the murky ocean nervously. The water was swarthier than that of Auradon and there were barely any sea creatures in the sea. A shiver travelled down my spine as I observed the mysterious Isle from a distance. The enigma of the island added to its aesthetic beauty which increased my desire to unravel the mystery of the Isle of the Lost. My eyes wandered around the oceanic scenery when a lightning bolt struck the sky, sending a hint of panic in my body as the current swayed harder, almost swallowing my form.

Mother.

Fear bubbled in my chest as I glanced around, searching for an escape route, away from the stormy weather. I still can't comprehend that I managed to break the barrier built many years ago by a powerful caster and run away from Auradon as well as the undeniable pressure that the kingdom planted on my shoulders.  My eyes closed in blissful silence as the ocean waves calmed down, carrying my form as laughter tore from my lungs and a joyful smile displayed on my face when the foreign feeling of tranquillity coursed through my being and the tension on my shoulders was lifted.

The peace was disrupted by another loud thunder brewing in the night sky. The calming waves turned stronger and angrier as they knocked me back down the water with massive strength. Quickly, my fins flicked through the offending wave as I fought the current towards the shore which, unfortunately, was far away from me. My tail ached from exhaustion as I pushed forward, managing to grasp a large rock with my hand.

Letting out a loud groan, I climbed through the rock with my arms shaking from my weight as I dragged my lower body upwards. My crimson tail scratched on the sharp surface as a large wave swallowed me, almost loosening my tight hold. Heaving a series of deep breaths, I embraced the rock and ignored the sting on my arms as the salty water entered the small cuts caused by the rocky surface of the small cliff. I waited for the storm to pass, whispering a silent prayer directed to the heavens as the wind picked up, sending my hair flowing upward in a halo. Pushing my body away from the surface of the cliff, I looked at the night sky. Rage coursed through my veins as my eyes changed into their golden hue.

"Stop! Leave me alone, Mother! Just for once, let me be happy!", I shouted in frustration out of nowhere as tears brimmed in my eyes. A sob threatened to escape my lips as a traitorous tear rolled down my face and disappeared down the sea.

Just then, the sky cleared up and the waves quietened down in a whisper. The winds brushed through me gently, almost sorrowfully, making me lean my back towards the rock. Strength left my body as I closed my eyes in exhaustion when a loud shout echoed from a distance, capturing my attention.

"Harry!"

Slowly, I lifted my head up, looking at the source of the disruption as the same voice shouted again. Eyes widening a fraction, I moved out of sight as a ship came into view with a body leaning over the railing amidst the vast oceanic sea.

Pirates.

|Φ|

Edited [06/14/22]