e l l e v e

"Beware of the Isle, beware of the lies"

|Φ|

"AM I interrupting something here, princess?", a familiar voice said beyond the doorway, mockingly. It had been a few hours since Harry came to talk to me, enough time to formulate an escape plan. I stopped untying the tight rope encircling my wrist, hiding my hand from her sight. I turned towards the cerulean-haired witch that I'd come to hate.

"What do you want, Uma?", I questioned lowly, my eyes narrowing in dismay as I watched her enter the dimly lit room. Her hips were swaying as she approached with a malicious grin plastered on her face.

"All my life I've wished to see the child of Mom's enemy and heaven's; and then they brought her right on the Isle in a silver platter, for me.", she stated, letting out a loud cackle. She crouched in front of me, eyes glowing as I stared at her squarely, mine changing into a golden hue.

"I'm not here to talk about family history, Uma.", I said sarcastically as she snarled at me. Her eyes narrowed into slits before a smile appeared on her face. She grabbed my shoulder, her nails digging on my skin as blood oozed from the cuts. I ignored the pain as I continued to smirk at her.

"You wouldn't want to piss Ursula's daughter right, Princess Erina?", she whispered at me, venom lacing her words as the threat beneath them hung heavily in the silent room. My eyes widened in surprise as she let go of me. I scanned her form as understanding dawned in my mind. The reason behind the unknown animosity and hatred between us suddenly became crystal clear. I looked at her blackened eyes, my surprise turning into mockery, wiping the amused grin on her face.

"So that's with the loser's face.", I mocked her, letting out a large chuckle when her eyes narrowed angrily and she backhanded me with lightning speed. My face snapped sideways from the impact, but my body didn't stop quivering from the tiny giggles flowing freely from my mouth. Sprawling on the floor, a crazed glint swirled in my eyes as the golden hue faded away into a chocolate-coloured one. She pinned me on the floor as her boots dug painfully on my calves, and then she whispered hauntingly:

"I will get that barrier broken down no matter what, princess. And if I have to burn down your body in front of your parents, then so be it. I won't lose this time."

I looked at her calmly, my features turning grim as I whispered in conviction.

"Then I'll make sure that you'll never win, shrimpy."

Nighttime came as I continued to play with my swollen wrist, surveying the raw skin in the dark. The ship was quiet, except for the loud snores of the crew members as they slept soundly through the night, unbeknownst to the plan already set in motion. Rats squeaked in the far corners, wanting to go near me for the flesh, when I kicked one aside, watching as it scattered down along with its friends inside a small hole. Light footsteps resounded outside the doorway, just like I expected as two pirates were told to watch over me.

"I'm going to take a piss, mate.", a voice declared as someone snickered.

"Be fast; wouldn't want Uma to cut yours too.", the other stated, making me almost throw up at the unwanted image. Footsteps echoed in the hallway, eventually fading away to nothing.

This is it.

My eyes were glowing in a golden hue as I moved my hands upward, taking a deep large breath. I hummed in the wind as seawater entered the holes quietly, humming alongside my voice, making me smile. Each one approached me, dripping some on the floor; they towered over me, each making a sound of cries as they watched their princess' frail body.