s y v

"People change and forget to tell each other"

|Φ|

DAYS passed as I continued to stay on the Isle. Harry and Gil accompanied me every day, stating that they have nothing to do, but I knew better. Their presence grew in mine.

Tonight, I was lying down on the beach with Harry. Gil was unable to come since Uma needed him to run some errands. Harry and I gazed into the sky, staring at millions of stars scattered above us. The waves crashed down on the shore while the wind danced on the cold air of the Isle.

"Harry, look! It's a bear!", I pointed towards the sky in the direction of a small embossed image of a bear. Harry went to look where I was pointing, snickering at himself.

"Lame. There are two men slashing swords over there.", he pointed to the other side. I looked at the series of stars tracing two large brutes facing each other in a fighting stance. The image hugely resembled the moment Harry saved me from the brute. That was like a long time ago.

"I was never one for violence.", I spoke softly, my eyes gazing towards the large men before wandering off to the series of stars when a certain golden hue caught my eye.

"My grandfather always told me that every star has a story of its own. Like a burning light filled with souls watching above us to guide their loved ones. Over there-", I pointed towards the golden star. "-that is the star of the great merman Poseidon, who died protecting his people and wife from the Azurkha. They were flesh-eating monsters that lurked beneath the Caribbean Sea. A million years ago, a war broke out in the sea and the King sacrificed himself for the sake of his people. Grandfather says that his soul filled that star so he can watch over the Atlantis and protect them from any harm. I've never actually believed the story, saying it was absurd, but he just shook his head at me, stating how stubborn and hardheaded I was."

I can feel Harry's stare burning on one side of my face as I continued to gaze at the golden star.

"Where is he now?", he asked.

"He died protecting me from the Azurkhanians.", I answered, tears brimming in my eyes as a lump started to form in my throat. The guilt I've been carrying on my shoulders became prominent as my vision blurred.

"I'm sorry."

My head snapped towards his. My eyes widened at the sincere expression on his face when he apologized to me. It was uncommon for the people of the Isle to apologize and show gratitude. It's why I'd never cared much when I shoved or hurt people here. This is their life. Yet, Harry tended to surprise me all the time. He's the epitome of change. The crazy glint on his eyes was farther from the surface since the last time he fought the men who were harassing me.

"It's alright."

We stared at each other before he looked away, an unknown expression on his face. We both lay down in silence, soaking in the comfort of the crashing waves and the cold air brewing around our skin.

"The Pirate King wasn't a great father. He was a drunkard who only cared about himself. Well, what did you expect from a villain, aye, princess?" He said out of nowhere, glancing at me for a second before he continued.

"But he was a great navigator and a trainer. He thought me how to fight and sail the ocean. He was hotheaded, slapping me when I made a mistake. He morphed me into the person he was saying can rule the Great Sea and the citizens of Atlantis. With every lash on the skin, hate grew inside me. Who would hurt their own son, aye? Only Captain James Hook.", I leaned on my right arm, looking at him with empathy. My other hand went to hold his hand, gently squeezing it, which made him look at me.