t r e

"It doesn't matter what you do, it matters who you do it with"

|Φ|

THE sound of splashing water and birds chirping awakened me from my deep slumber. I turned my head slightly towards the sound, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion as I gazed into the unfamiliar landscape before they widened in shock and mischief when yesterday's events flashed in my head. A cheshire smile morphed on my lips as I perched on the rocky floor, marvelling at the pieces of diamonds reflecting on the walls of the cave when hit by sunlight. I began to stretch my limbs, wincing in pain as the muscles from my middle back, and upper and lower limbs ached when a glinting metal caught my attention. A certain set of crystallized eyes flashed in my head as I observed the hook that I held in my hand. My mind wandered to his travelling fingers and parted lips when a sudden heat coursed through my spine, making me groan in mild frustration. I threw the hook inside my bag before eyeing the sea floor on the lagoon when suddenly, my stomach rumbled in hunger. Clutching my bag, I rummaged through the garments, groaning in absolute annoyance when I found nothing but a few coins and clothes.

Stupid.

I couldn't believe that I'd forgotten to stow some food. I looked around the empty cave in desperation as another grumble resounded in my stomach, groaning when I found nothing edible but an entire wall of glimmering crystals. Lying down on the rocky surface, I decided to take a nap when an idea formulated inside my head and a mischievous grin appeared on my face.

I think it's time to visit the Isle, properly.

Packing a red dress in my bag, I whispered the same spell to hide it, before taking off my garments. I stood near the lagoon before diving into the cold sea, my legs glued together by a magnetic force as scales sprouted from my lower limb, revealing my crimson–coloured tail. I swam down the small opening easily and manoeuvred towards the shoreline as the sunlight blazed through the water. I glided down a hidden clearing and dried off my tail, wincing as the scales slowly peeled off my skin painfully. Summoning the bag, I got dressed quickly, heart beating from the fear of being caught. I decided to wear my swarthy cloak, obscuring myself from view, before stepping out on the sandy floor with a basket I managed to conjure with a spell.

I stepped into a small alleyway, ignoring the malicious looks of the bystanders as I calmly wandered down the suburban with my shoulder leaned backwards and my head hung low. Rounding a corner, my feet created light footsteps as I stepped out of the narrow passageway overlooking the old, crusty buildings with a few small pieces of debris falling into the ground. My eyes gawked in wonder, marvelling at the large posters hung on each wall and banners obscuring the azure skies, when loud, angry shouts captured my attention. I gazed at the building, my feet taking small steps forward as I read the plastered letters located on the front of the building.

Ursula's Fish and Chips

My face paled at the familiar name. I took a step back, bumping into someone from behind me whom I ignored, before hurrying down the suburban away from Mother's mortal enemy's hideout, unaware of the crystallized eyes following my form.

Walking down the busy street, I watched the people of the Isle strut in their way, working, stealing and doing anything without the regulation of the court. I was fascinated by the noise everywhere in stark contrast to the peaceful vibe of Auradon.

My eyes surveyed the scene in front of me when a hand clutched my basket, pulling my belongings away. I snapped my head towards the culprit, my teeth showing in a snarl as I eyed the boy a few years younger than me. With my chocolate-coloured eyes glowing in a golden hue, I stepped forward, his eyes widened in fear before he snatched his hand away and took a small step back, cowering in fear away from me. He stepped on his foot, sending him tumbling down the cold pavement as I crouched in front of him, my eyes capturing his.