f i r e

"Sometimes the questions are complicated, and the answers are simple"

|Φ|

MY eyes gazed at the marvellous sight of the glittering castle of Auradon. A foreign feeling settled in my chest as I reminisced the memories of my previous home and my parents. I've never actually had any friends since I've never been to any gatherings much. I preferred to be alone and still am. The hallways of Auradon Prep lingered in my eyes, my mind remembering how I used to run with Carlos, the only person I can stand within the entire Prep after we'd done trouble. Tears fell down my face as the void in my chest grew larger every day I stayed here. The sea was crashing down the shoreline; barely touching my feet, it sang through the night as the wind brushed through me gently, making me close my eyes in a blissful silence when a crunching sound destroyed the tranquillity of the ocean.

"What do we have 'ere?" a familiar voice spoke from behind me as I erased the traces of tears on my face. I rolled my eyes in frustration as I turned to look at Harry's familiar form. The man never stopped annoying me.

"I never knew you to be a stalker, pirate.", I said sarcastically as he approached me menacingly.

"Aye, mate! You've never known me long, princess." He stated frankly, letting out a cackle while he twirled my black hair in his hand. My heart skipped a beat at the nickname as his crystallized eyes gazed at mine with a hint of mischief swirling around his irises. His lips parted as he observed me while my heart is hammering inside my chest threatening to burst into a million pieces in his proximity.

"What are you doing here, Harry? Shouldn't you be running errands for Uma?", I spat out her name as Harry narrowed his eyes into slits. My hand was wrapped around his wrist when his arm wandered closely around my chest. He looked at me in surprise before twisting my body. With my back pressed to his chest and my arms locked behind me, I can feel his breath in my ear as he spoke, sending a fiery heat travelling down my spine.

"Are you jealous, princess?"

I elbowed his gut harshly, making him double over before I kicked his chest, sending him sprawled on the sand. He let out another cackle as I pinned him underneath me, his eyes glinting crazily and his lips formed in a malicious smirk.

"Keep dreaming about that, pirate.", I snarled in his face, shoving him back down before standing up and leaving him lying down on the floor. A series of laughter escaped his lips as I continued to walk down the beach alone.

"That'll be delightful, princess.", he shouted at me as I submerged underneath the sea, leaving him, the pirate clad in crimson leather jacket behind.

~Next Morning~

I was walking down a dark alleyway; the sun was constricted by the bannisters hanging on the wall of the building. A basket was slung around my arm and a crimson cloak was wrapped around my body, obstructing me from sight. I went to turn into another alley, ignoring the drunken sleaze sleeping upside down in his chair as I observed a small girl sitting down the corner, shivering in cold.

I approached the girl slowly, watching her eyes widen in fear when she saw me nearing her little form. She pushed herself up further in the wall behind her, clutching her small body together as she huddled beside some stinking trash, trying to be invisible to me.

"I won't harm you, I promise," I said softly, but the girl continued to huddle together in panic. I was taken aback by her bright eccentric blue eyes that seemed to remind me of someone, as they widened, frantically looking for an exit. I crouched down in front of her, with my hand moving upward towards my hood, making the girl flinch in terror as I revealed myself to her. The girl closed her eyes, whimpering in fear while I surveyed her frail body with my heart constricting painfully in my chest. A lump formed in my throat as I eyed the large bruises in her upper limbs while small gashes were evident in her legs, blood oozing from her cuts.